Bausch & Lomb Announces Changes in Americas Region Commercial Management.* Gary M. Phillips, M.D. will head U.S. Pharmaceutical and Surgical Businesses
* Angela J. Panzarella assumes additional responsibility for Commercial Operations in Canada and Latin America Latin America, the Spanish-speaking, Portuguese-speaking, and French-speaking countries (except Canada) of North America, South America, Central America, and the West Indies.
* Robert J. Moore continues as head of U.S. Vision Care Businesses
* Paul G. Howes resigns from Company
ROCHESTER, N.Y. -- Bausch & Lomb (NYSE NYSE
See: New York Stock Exchange :BOL BOL Bolivia (ISO Country code)
BOL Books Online
BOL Bole (SIL code, Nigeria)
BOL Bill Of Lading
BOL Beginning Of Line
BOL Best Of Luck
BOL Buzz Out Loud
BOL Bruin Online
BOL Beginning Of Life ) today announced a realignment re·a·lign
tr.v. re·a·ligned, re·a·lign·ing, re·a·ligns
1. To put back into proper order or alignment.
2. To make new groupings of or working arrangements between. of management responsibilities for the Americas Region, following the announcement by Paul G. Howes, currently senior vice president and president-Americas Region that he intends to resign from the company to pursue career opportunities elsewhere. Howes will remain with Bausch & Lomb to effect an orderly transition to the new management structure.
Gary M. Phillips, M.D. will head the U.S. pharmaceutical and surgical businesses. Currently corporate vice president-global pharmaceuticals, Phillips joined Bausch & Lomb in 2002 from Novartis Pharmaceuticals. An announcement regarding Phillips' replacement as head of global strategy for the pharmaceuticals business will be made at a later date.
Angela J. Panzarella, corporate vice president-global vision care, will assume responsibility for the commercial operations in Canada and Latin America in addition to her current responsibility for global strategy for the contact lens contact lens, thin plastic lens worn between the eye and eyelid that may be used instead of eyeglasses. Actors, models, and others wear them for appearance, and athletes use them for safety and convenience. and lens care businesses. Panzarella has been with Bausch & Lomb since 1988 and was named to her current position in 2001.
Robert J. Moore will continue in his position as vice president and general manager of the U.S. vision care and OTC OTC
See over-the-counter market (OTC). eye care business, a position he has held since 2004.
"One of the hallmarks of Paul Howes' tenure with Bausch & Lomb was his passionate focus on developing and maintaining excellent customer relationships," said Ronald L. Zarrella, chairman and CEO (1) (Chief Executive Officer) The highest individual in command of an organization. Typically the president of the company, the CEO reports to the Chairman of the Board. of the company. "We appreciate his willingness to help us manage a smooth transition to the new structure and wish him continued success in the future."
Bausch & Lomb is the eye health company, dedicated to perfecting vision and enhancing life for consumers around the world. Its core businesses include soft and rigid gas permeable contact lenses and lens care products, and ophthalmic surgical and pharmaceutical products. The Bausch & Lomb name is one of the best known and most respected healthcare brands in the world. Founded in 1853, the Company is headquartered in Rochester, New York This article is about the city of Rochester in Monroe County. For the town in Ulster County, see Rochester, Ulster County, New York.
Rochester, once known as The Flour City, and more recently as The Flower City or . Bausch & Lomb employs approximately 13,700 people worldwide and its products are available in more than 100 countries. More information about the Company is on the Bausch & Lomb Web site at www.bausch.com. Copyright Bausch & Lomb Incorporated.