Basic Troubleshoot before Expensive Microwave Repairs
Microwave ovens are always a convenient appliance in our kitchen. Unfortunately, in time these can present various malfunctions. It is not easy at all to spot the problem, especially if you know nothing about the possible causes. It is recommended for the owner to be informed.Microwave ovens are always a convenient appliance in our kitchen. Unfortunately, in time these can present various malfunctions. It is not easy at all to spot the problem, especially if you know nothing about the possible causes. It is recommended for the owner to be informed on ay possible troubles.
The repair of microwave ovens should be your last option. As there are complex ovens, all troubleshoot should be started based on the product manual. Although microwaves are being made by several manufacturers, they share similar basic guidelines. It is possible that some common sense and adequate know-how to save you from quite expensive repairs. Here are a few things to check when you have problems with your microwave:
1. Microwave fails to function.
- Check if the wire is properly plugged into the outlet. Also ensure there are no loose connections.
- Make sure the door is closed; otherwise the device will not function. This is an inbuilt auto-detect safety measure to keep you away from hazard.
- Make sure there are no exploded fuses.
2. There are visible sparks inside
- Take out the aluminum items from the microwave.
- Items with metallic trims might generate sparks.
- If needed, repaint the microwave with heat resistant recommended paint.
- Clean up all burned residues.
3. Malfunction of the turntable
- Check if the glass tray well fit to the guide.
- Tracks and rollers should be perfectly aligned and adequately assembled.
- Repair at once any broken mechanism.
- Make sure large cookers do not get in contact with the interior walls of the microwave, obstructing the movement.
4. The device is turned on but fails to produce heat to prepare the food
- The walls of the oven should be cleaned with mild detergent and a sponge to avoid any obstructions of the waves.
- Carefully analyze the sounds of the magnetron, the actual generator of the microwave. If you suspect problems with it, it should be repaired by a professional.
5. Malfunction or poor response of touch pads
- Check the buttons for thrived insects.
- If you have cleaned it, it might be caused by water infiltration. It will dry out after a few days.
- Regularly clean the oven to keep insects at distance.
Taking the entire microwave to the service is your last option. You must have gone through all maintenance and troubleshooting of the unit and you know that problem is beyond your knowledge.