Bangkok conference, July 11-16; getting news online.
The XV International AIDS Conference Education, networking and the promotion of best practice are essential to enhancing the response to HIV/AIDS. IAS conferences provide opportunities to share experience, and increase the knowledge and expertise of professionals working in HIV/AIDS. in Bangkok, Thailand July 11-16 will be the largest AIDS conference of the year and probably the largest ever; already 10,000 abstract presentations have been submitted, more than to any other AIDS conference. Fortunately there will be plenty of good reporting online, both during the conference and afterwards af·ter·ward also af·ter·wards
At a later time; subsequently.
afterwards or afterward
later [Old English æfterweard]
Adv. 1. , for those who cannot go (and for those who do go as well, as no one could attend more than a fraction of the public meetings, many of which happen simultaneously).
Of the following news sources, only the first two are specific to the conference itself. The rest provide AIDS reporting at any time, whether or not any conference is happening, and we recommend them for AIDS-related news.
Note: Web sites change over time. If a link below does not work, try going to the home page (generally by using the name through the .org or .com, ignoring what follows), then try to find the information by looking around the site. If the home page does not work, then usually the site is down temporarily, and will be working again within a day.
Bangkok Conference The Bangkok Conference was a conference held on 22 June, 1942 by Indian Nationalist groups and local Indian Independence leagues at Bangkok to proclaim the formation of the All-India Independence league. News
* The Kaiser Family Foundation's kaisernetwork.org "will provide daily coverage of the XV International AIDS Conference--including news summaries, interviews, webcasts, transcripts, and slide presentations from selected sessions." KFF KFF Kaiser Family Foundation
KFF Kenya Football Federation
KFF King Faisal Foundation
KFF Kerrville Folk Festival
KFF Kung Fu Fighting
KFF Key Flexfield (Oracle)
KFF Kellogg's Frosted Flakes (cereal) has long provided useful and credible AIDS news reporting through its Kaiser Family Foundation The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF), or just Kaiser Family Foundation, is a U.S.-based non-profit, private operating foundation headquartered in Menlo Park, California. Daily HIV/AIDS HIV/AIDS Human Immunodeficiency Virus/Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome Report (see below). You can sign up for the conference-specific coverage (only for the week of July 11-16, 2004) at http://www.kft:org/aids2004/
* The official Web site of the Bangkok conference should have the searchable abstracts online during the event, as well as background information like the program and schedule. But historically the official conference sites have not otherwise be been very useful in reporting the scientific and medical news from these meeting. The Web address is http://www.aids2004.org/
General News (Mainstream Newspaper, Newswire AIDS Reports)
* The AEGIS Daily Briefing collects important news reports from a variety of mainstream sources, at http://www.aegis.org/
* AIDSMEDS.COM has mainstream news at http://www.aidsmeds.com/news/TopStories.htm
* NATAP NATAP National AIDS Treatment Advocacy Project
NATAP North American Trade Automation Prototype , the National AIDS Treatment Advocacy Project, has a few selected AIDS news items at http://www.natap.org/(click on "News Updates").
* You can subscribe to Verb 1. subscribe to - receive or obtain regularly; "We take the Times every day"
buy, purchase - obtain by purchase; acquire by means of a financial transaction; "The family purchased a new car"; "The conglomerate acquired a new company"; a weekly email newsletter of mainstream and original reporting at http://www.centerforaids.org/rita/weekly.htm
In-Depth General and Medical AIDS Reports
* The Kaiser Family Foundation Daily HIV/AIDS Report writes its own articles specifically on AIDS and publishes them each weekday. You can see the current day's publication at http://www.kaisernetwork.org/daily_reports/rep_hiv.c fm. This page also links to an archive search, so you can find articles by key word. You can also subscribe to receive a daily email with a summary of each article that day, and a link to the full report.
* Clinical Care Options has CME CME
See: Chicago Mercantile Exchange
See Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME). training modules and other materials written primarily for AIDS physicians and other medical professionals. In addition to the HIV/AIDS site, it also has a hepatitis site, and an oncology oncology /on·col·o·gy/ (ong-kol´ah-je) the sum of knowledge regarding tumors; the study of tumors.
n. (cancer) site as well. The HIV site is at http://www.clinicaloptions.com/hiv/
* Many other sites may have in-depth coverage during or alter the International Conference, as well as other A1DS news. Here are several to check:
http://www.hdnet.org/home2.htm (hosts international discussions)