Balfour Beatty Construction U.S. Acquires RT Dooley, Adding Mission-Critical, Corporate Headquarters Expertise.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Balfour Beatty Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY) is a British based construction and civil engineering company based in central London. It is the largest construction company in the UK, and the 15th largest in the world. It is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. Construction U.S., a division of U.K.-based Balfour Beatty plc, today announced its intent to acquire RT Dooley Dooley is an Irish surname, and may refer to
- Bill Dooley, American football coach
- Billy Dooley, Irish hurling player
- Brian Dooley, British television writer
- Brian J.
Charlotte, N.C.-based RT Dooley, a family-owned firm with 2008 revenues of $306 million, specializes in corporate headquarters, corporate interiors and mission-critical infrastructure and is currently operating in five states. With the completion of the acquisition, RT Dooley joins Balfour Beatty Construction's Charlotte-based Southeast Division in an enterprise blending its own expertise with Balfour Beatty Construction's experience in exterior core and shell construction and backed by London-based Balfour Beatty plc, a global construction, engineering and investment services business exceeding $14 billion in annual revenues.
"This acquisition is consistent with Balfour Bal·four , Francis Maitland 1851-1882.
Scottish embryologist and zoologist noted for his studies of the development of the urogenital and nervous systems in vertebrates. Beatty's long-standing strategy of continually con·tin·u·al
1. Recurring regularly or frequently: the continual need to pay the mortgage.
2. expanding the range of products and services we can deliver to our clients," said Ian Tyler, chief executive of Balfour Beatty plc. "I am enthusiastic about our organization providing RT Dooley with the global reach to fulfill ful·fill also ful·fil
tr.v. ful·filled, ful·fill·ing, ful·fills also ful·fils
1. To bring into actuality; effect: fulfilled their promises.
2. their clients' project delivery needs worldwide."
"Clients of Balfour Beatty Construction and RT Dooley have been asking for more from both of our companies, and together we can offer comprehensive solutions to meet all of our clients' construction needs as well as enhanced risk management," said Robert B. Hambright, division chief executive officer for Balfour Beatty Construction in the Southeast. "RT Dooley adds not only outstanding capabilities and the opportunity to offer our clients a complete solution from the inside out, but also an exceptional client-first culture that meshes perfectly with Balfour Beatty's commitment to providing clients a signature experience on every project."
"We are thrilled thrill
v. thrilled, thrill·ing, thrills
1. To cause to feel a sudden intense sensation; excite greatly.
2. To give great pleasure to; delight. See Synonyms at enrapture. about the opportunities that joining with Balfour Beatty will create for our clients as well as RT Dooley's employees," said David Dooley, CEO (1) (Chief Executive Officer) The highest individual in command of an organization. Typically the president of the company, the CEO reports to the Chairman of the Board. of RT Dooley Construction Co. "This is a unique strategic partnership that enables us to scale up quickly in order to serve the increasingly global needs of our clients, while allowing us to retain and enhance the RT Dooley brand and the relentless focus on customers that has been our hallmark hallmark, mark impressed on silverwork or goldwork to signify official approval of the standard of purity of the metal, also called plate mark. The hallmark was introduced by statute in England in 1300 and enforced by the Goldsmiths' Hall, London. for more than three decades."
Combining with Balfour Beatty dramatically expands RT Dooley's geographic footprint The amount of geographic space covered by an object. A computer footprint is the desk or floor surface it occupies. A satellite's footprint is the earth area covered by its downlink. See form factor.
1. . In addition to Charlotte, Balfour Beatty Construction U.S. has offices in Atlanta, Dallas, Fort Lauderdale Fort Lauderdale (lô`dərdāl), residential, commercial, and resort city (1990 pop. 149,377), seat of Broward co., SE Fla., on the Atlantic coast; settled around a fort built (c.1837) in the Seminole War, inc. 1911. , Fort Myers Fort Myers, city (1990 pop. 45,206), seat of Lee co., SW Fla., on the Caloosahatchee River, near the Gulf of Mexico; founded 1850, inc. 1905. It has a tourist trade and light industry and is a shipping point for citrus fruits, winter vegetables, flowers (especially , Fort Worth, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Raleigh, Tampa, Washington, D.C., and West Palm Beach.
"Opportunities to leverage the complementary strengths of Balfour Beatty and RT Dooley in key vertical markets were a factor in the decision to combine operations," Hambright said. "While Balfour Beatty has a strong presence in military housing, education and other public-sector markets, RT Dooley offers market leadership in corporate headquarters and corporate interiors work, mission-critical projects such as trading floors, data centers, command centers, call centers, telecommunications Communicating information, including data, text, pictures, voice and video over long distance. See communications. and broadcasting, and non-profit and green building projects. The combination also takes advantage of each partner's respective strengths in geographic markets in the Southeast and nationwide."
"Because of the complementary nature of the companies' businesses, no staff cuts are planned as a result of the acquisition. RT Dooley, which will be known as RT Dooley - A Balfour Beatty Company, will remain at its current location, operating under its current leadership team with a similar degree of autonomy as other companies that have joined the Balfour Beatty family of businesses in the U.S.," said Bill Blank, division president for Balfour Beatty Construction in the Southeast.
"As competitors and occasional collaborators with RT Dooley, we can't overstate the respect and admiration we have for the integrity, drive and dedication to client service of Bob and David Dooley and the rest of the management team," Blank said. "Knowing that this young and accomplished group is in place to provide continuity and lead RT Dooley's future growth is one of the most exciting aspects of our new strategic partnership."
The Southeast Division is part of $2.4 billion Balfour Beatty Construction U.S., which was formed from Balfour Beatty plc's 2007 acquisition of the commercial construction unit of Centex Corp. and is now the 25th largest domestic contractor in the U.S. Balfour Beatty plc entered the U.S. market in 1986 through its acquisition of Heery International Heery International, Inc. is an architectural firm that was founded in 1952, and is currently headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Heery is a full service design, engineering, and construction management firm with over 1000 employees located in 30 offices across the United States and Inc. and has established a significant presence in selected design, project, and program management markets in the U.S. with the addition of Balfour Beatty Capital, Balfour Beatty Infrastructure Inc., Balfour Beatty Communities and Balfour Beatty Rail Inc.
For more information, visit www.balfourbeattydooley.com.
About Balfour Beatty Construction U.S.
Balfour Beatty Construction has been a leader in the U.S. commercial construction industry for 75 years, providing general contracting, at-risk construction management, design-build, preconstruction, public/private and turnkey See turnkey system. services for clients nationwide. The company employs 1,600 professionals and is part of London-based Balfour Beatty plc, a leading international engineering, construction, and investment business exceeding $14 billion in annual revenues. For more information, visit www.balfourbeattyus.com.
About RT Dooley Construction Co.
RT Dooley, headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., is one of the premier construction managers in the Southeast, creating success for clients through strict adherence adherence /ad·her·ence/ (ad-her´ens) the act or condition of sticking to something.
immune adherence to excellence, professionalism professionalism
the upholding by individuals of the principles, laws, ethics and conventions of their profession. and unmatched service. RT Dooley specializes in corporate headquarters, corporate interiors, and mission-critical infrastructure work, and is known for its award-winning focus on green building practices and deep community involvement. For more information, please visit www.rtdooley.com.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Feb 23, 2009|
|Previous Article:||OAUG Announces Participants in 2009 Star Partner Program.|
|Next Article:||Crossvault Capital Management, LLC Named "Top Guns" In Ranking by Informa Investment Solutions.|