Baghdad attacks kill 17, injure 44.BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: At least 17 people were killed and 44 others were wounded in several incidents in separate parts in Baghdad on Wednesday, according to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. a security source.
"A booby-trapped car went off on Wednesday morning targeting Imam Moussa Kadhem compound in al-Kadhimiya neighborhood, killing seven people and wounding 21, while another car bomb exploded on the road of al-Rashied Camp, killing eight and injuring 23," the source told Aswat al-Iraq news agency.
"The third explosion took place in al-Sidiya region near al-Huda mosque mosque (mŏsk), building for worship used by members of the Islamic faith. Muhammad's house in Medina (A.D. 622), with its surrounding courtyard and hall with columns, became the prototype for the mosque where the faithful gathered for prayer. , where gunmen opened fire on policemen, killing two of them," he added.
Numerous other attacks and assassinations were reported across the country Wednesday morning.
The spate of violence amounted to the deadliest day in Iraq since March, and followed a deadly sectarian sec·tar·i·an
1. Of, relating to, or characteristic of a sect.
2. Adhering or confined to the dogmatic limits of a sect or denomination; partisan.
3. Narrow-minded; parochial.
1. attack last week on an important Shiite religious office in Baghdad that is in charge of overseeing mosques and cultural sites.
Wednesday's wave of bombings targeted religious processions during the annual pilgrimage commemorating the 8th century death of a revered Shiite imam.
Wednesday's death toll was expected to rise. SH (TP)
Copyright 2012 Aswat al-Iraq
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company