BUZZWORTHY.Byline: The Register-Guard
It's fiesta time. Today and Saturday, Island Park in Springfield will draw some of its biggest crowds of the year for Fiesta Latina.
As many as 13,000 people come from all over the state to celebrate Latino culture through arts, food, dance and smashing 100 pinatas. This year, the alcohol-free event has even more to offer ninos, because kids are at the center of much of the planning.
While many potential Fiesta Latina participants will be drawn to the football-playing Ducks as they take on Oklahoma, all eyes at the fiesta will be on a popular Latin American entertainer, El Chichicuilote, who dresses like a duck - pato in Spanish - and sings pop songs.
There's also a lot going on this week in the world of live entertainment. Tonight, the Alan Parsons Parsons, city (1990 pop. 11,924), Labette co., SE Kans.; inc. 1871. It is a shipping point for dairy products, grain, and livestock. Manufactures include ammunition, wire and paper products, plastics, and appliances. Live Project will take an audience at the Hult Center (the concert was moved from Cuthbert Amphitheater amphitheater (ăm`fəthē'ətər, ăm`pə–), open structure used for the exhibition of gladiatorial contests, struggles of wild beasts, sham sea battles, and similar spectacles. on Thursday) on a progressive rock journey, complete with a light show and 35 members of the usual supergroup at the Silva sil·va also syl·va
n. pl. sil·vas or sil·vae
1. The trees or forests of a region.
2. A written work on the trees or forests of a region. Concert Hall: theEugene Symphony Orchestra.
Also tonight, the Ditty dit·ty
n. pl. dit·ties
A simple song.
[Middle English dite, a literary composition, from Old French dite, from Latin dict Bops park their bikes in front of John Henry's for what's sure to be a delightful time that may or may not involve puppets.
Over at the WOW Hall, the opener may be the one to watch as Vicci Martinez This article or section is written like an .
Please help [ rewrite this article] from a neutral point of view.
Mark blatant advertising for , using . does her 21-year-old thing to warm the stage for the Paperboys.
On Tuesday, reclusive re·clu·sive
1. Seeking or preferring seclusion or isolation.
2. Providing seclusion: a reclusive hut. rock legend Leon Russell will play a show to mark the 35th anniversary of the Concert for Bangladesh.
Your best movie bet this weekend is "The Heart of the Game," a basketball documentary that opens today at the Bijou.
"The Heart of the Game" doesn't have to try too hard to inject in·ject
1. To introduce a substance, such as a drug or vaccine, into a body part.
2. To treat by means of injection. drama into the story, because the real-life tale is good enough: The star of a high school basketball team gets pregnant and state rules seem to prohibit her from returning to the team after giving birth.
Might this be the "Hoop Dreams" of the aughts?