BROUGHT TO JUSTICE; Who's been in court?
THE following cases were heard at Cardiff Magistrates' Court:
- Richard Jenkins, 34, of Meadowgate Close, Coryton, Cardiff, was fined pounds 150 with pounds 50 costs and a pounds 15 victim surcharge after being convicted of using a handheld mobile phone while driving. Three points were put on his licence.
- David Steven Abbott, 20, of Heol Llanishen Fach, Llanishen, Cardiff, was fined pounds 60 with pounds 15 costs after admitting ignoring a No Entry traffic sign on Caroline Street, Cardiff city centre Cardiff city centre is a large and sprawling area that spreads out from Butetown in the south to Cathays Park in the north, and from Canton and Grangetown in the west to Adamsdown in the east. . Three points were put on his licence.
- Jama Ali, 25, of Clarence Place, Butetown, Cardiff, must obey an 8pm to 7am curfew until May 16 after admitting burglary and failing to comply with a previous curfew.
- Gareth Edward Carpenter, 29, of Ethel Street, Canton, Cardiff, was jailed for five months for receiving stolen goods Ask a Lawyer
Country: United States of America
State: South Carolina
What is the maximum fine for the charges of receiving stolen goods and obtaining funds under false pretenses?? The latter pertains to pawning an item .
- Benjamin Collins, 22, of Heol Muston, Ely, Cardiff, must obey a curfew order after admitting breaching a previous curfew order imposed for burglary.
- Rhys John Mountstephens, 22, of Heol Carnau, Caerau, Cardiff, was fined pounds 150 with pounds 65 costs and a pounds 15 victim surcharge after admitting damaging a Ford Transit van.
- Stephen Arthur Bowman, 41, of Grand Avenue, Ely, Cardiff, was fined pounds 60 with pounds 60 costs and a pounds 15 victim surcharge for not having a valid licence.
- Russell Carter, of Penrhos Crescent, Rumney, Cardiff, was fined pounds 30 with a pounds 15 victim surcharge after admitting a parking offence.
- Merrick Oliver Williams, 20, of Cowbridge Road East Cowbridge Road East (Welsh: Heol y Bontfaen Dwyrain) is a major road in western-central Cardiff the capital of Wales It is the principal road which passes through the busy district of Canton and connects Cowbridge Road West in the western districts to central Cardiff. , Canton, Cardiff, was fined pounds 40 with pounds 30 costs and a pounds 15 victim surcharge for possessing cannabis.
- Shaun Williams, 20, of Newport Road, Cardiff, was sent to a young offender institution for six months after admitting carrying a blade in public, assaulting a policeman, burgling a fast-food takeaway, shoplifting Ask a Lawyer
Country: United States of America
caught shoplifting at sears 12/05/05, first time, 20yearsold, have no criminal record. a bottle of vodka, using threatening words or behaviour and assault. He must pay pounds 150 compensation.
- Robert Anthony Grima, 42, of Cwrt yr Ala Road, Caerau, Cardiff, was fined pounds 50 with pounds 60 costs and a pounds 15 victim surcharge after admitting not having a valid licence or MoT certificate and failing to produce his insurance certificate. Three points were out on his licence.
- Craig Paul Rodgers, 24, of Lavender Grove, Pentrebane, Cardiff, was given a three-month community order and must obey a 10pm to 6am curfew until July 10 after admitting driving while disqualified dis·qual·i·fy
tr.v. dis·qual·i·fied, dis·qual·i·fy·ing, dis·qual·i·fies
a. To render unqualified or unfit.
b. To declare unqualified or ineligible.
2. and having no insurance. Six points were put on his licence.
- Andrew John Gregory, 45, of Colliers Avenue, Llanharan, near Bridgend, was fined pounds 100 with pounds 45 costs and a pounds 15 victim surcharge after admitting speeding in the M4 roadworks north of Cardiff. Six points were put on his licence.