BOOK: Integral Life Practice.Byline: Kristine Morris
I - ntegral Life Practice:
A 21st-Century Blueprint blueprint, white-on-blue photographic print, commonly of a working drawing used during building or manufacturing. The plan is first drawn to scale on a special paper or tracing cloth through which light can penetrate. for Physical Health, Emotional Balance, Mental Clarity, and Spiritual Awakening
By Ken Wilber Kenneth Earl Wilber Jr. (b. January 31, 1949, Oklahoma City, U.S.), is an American integral thinker and author. Working outside the academic mainstream, he has drawn on a variety of disciplines including psychology, sociology, philosophy, mysticism, postmodernism, science and , Terry Patten,
Adam Leonard, and Marco Morelli
Integral Books, $19.95
"Integral Life Practice is a way of organizing the many practices handed down through the centuries - along with those developed at the cutting edge of psychology, consciousness studies, and other leading fields - using a framework optimized for life in the twenty-first century," say authors Wilber, Patten, Leonard, and Morelli. It calls for a "free and fearless exploration of the terrain" of one's own being and awareness and honors the individual in its realization that one's practice does not have to be as described by the traditions in order to be effective. "Practice by nature is extremely alive," the authors say. "It continually con·tin·u·al
1. Recurring regularly or frequently: the continual need to pay the mortgage.
2. reinvents itself . . . We continue the tradition of . . . breaking with tradition, while still drinking deeply from the deep wisdom of the past."
Those who have left traditional or mainstream religious practices behind and who feel the lack of some of the elements that these supplied - such as a sense of direction, prescribed pre·scribe
v. pre·scribed, pre·scrib·ing, pre·scribes
1. To set down as a rule or guide; enjoin. See Synonyms at dictate.
2. To order the use of (a medicine or other treatment). rituals, and community - may find all these in what Integral Life Practice (ILP ILP Inductive Logic Programming
ILP Instruction-Level Parallelism
ILP Individual Learning Plan
ILP Independent Labour Party
ILP Independent Living Program
ILP Institut Latihan Perindustrian (Malaysia) ) has to offer, without the restrictions that made leaving necessary in the first place. Described as "the ultimate in cross-training," the authors state that ILP "works synergistically syn·er·gis·tic
1. Of or relating to synergy: a synergistic effect.
2. Producing or capable of producing synergy: synergistic drugs.
3. on body, mind, and spirit in self, culture, and nature." It allows practitioners to mix and match practices and to adjust them to the amount of time available, even as little as one-minute modules; it can be customized and allows for changing practice modules as one's needs change. ILP is a wise and practical guide to practice that engages the whole human being in the process of awakening. It lays out a path that rational, "post-postmodern" minds and hearts can follow, recognizing and utilizing the powerful spiritual technologies of the ancient wisdom traditions without the encumbrances of cultural overtones and restrictive dogmatism dog·ma·tism
Arrogant, stubborn assertion of opinion or belief.
1. a statement of a point of view as if it were an established fact.
Ken Wilber is the author of more than twenty books, including A Brief History of Everything . Terry Patten an author, consultant, coach, teacher, and conservationist. Adam B. Leonard is an educator, business consultant, author, and entrepreneur entrepreneur (än'trəprənûr`) [Fr.,=one who undertakes], person who assumes the organization, management, and risks of a business enterprise. who specializes in applying the integral approach to individual, team, and organizational development. Marco Morelli is a scholar, writer, and poet.