BATH DAY BOLT LEFT ME BLUE; Lightning hurls Jo from tub.
Mum-of-three Josephine Martine was catapulted naked through the air by the force of the bolt, landing on the other side of her bathroom.
Ironically her husband Nicholas, 60, was on the phone to their power company at the time complaining about the electricity supply.
Horse breeder Josephine was in the tub washing her hair when the lightning struck the roof of the couple's log cabin-style home in Deal, Kent.
It passed down the water pipes and in to the shower head she was holding. She said: "I felt a huge kick in my hand and knew straight away it was electricity. In a split second I saw the water rippling.
"The kick of the electric shock was so powerful I was sort of thrown out of the bath. It was scary, but it happened very quickly."
Paramedics attended to Josephine, in her 40s, who was shaken but suffered only minor bruises.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Daily Record (Glasgow, Scotland)|
|Date:||Jun 14, 2001|
|Previous Article:||SCOT CAGED FOR MID-AIR JET TERROR; Thug threatened to open plane door.|
|Next Article:||Wee Molly drives her mum potty.|