BAE Systems Exhibits Innovative Technologies and Capabilities at Sea-Air-Space Expo.
WASHINGTON -- BAE Systems BAE Systems
British manufacturer of aircraft, missiles, avionics, naval vessels, and other aerospace and defense products. BAE Systems was formed (1999) from the merger of British Aerospace (BAe) with Marconi Electronic Systems. will demonstrate survivability sur·viv·a·ble
1. Capable of surviving: survivable organisms in a hostile environment.
2. That can be survived: a survivable, but very serious, illness. and naval warfighting capabilities at the Navy League Sea-Air-Space Exposition at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, April 3-5.
The BAE Systems' exhibit will feature complex technologies and products that provide warfighting and mission capabilities across multiple platforms. These capabilities increase sea power and enhance survivability. BAE Systems continues to support the U.S. Navy, Coast Guard and Marine Corps by supplying innovative gun and missile launching systems, advanced naval munitions mu·ni·tion
War materiel, especially weapons and ammunition. Often used in the plural.
tr.v. mu·ni·tioned, mu·ni·tion·ing, mu·ni·tions
To supply with munitions. technologies, electronic communication and identification systems and sensor technologies for naval ships and aircraft.
Some capabilities and products on the stand (Booth 2605/Hall B) include:
* Mk 110 (57-mm) Naval Gun
* Advanced Gun System and Long Range Land Attack Projectile The Long Range Land Attack Projectile (LRLAP) is a developmental program to produce a precision guided 155 mm naval artillery shell for the U.S. Navy. The system is under development by Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control, the prime contractor being BAE Systems.
* AMF/MIDS Joint Tactical Radio Systems
* Virtual Radio Room
* Distributed Common Ground Systems
* Secure Wireless Distribution System
* Talisman Unmanned Underwater Vehicle
* Protector Unmanned Surface Vehicle The term unmanned surface vehicle (USV) refers to any vehicle that operates on the surface of the water without a crew. USVs have been tested since World War II but have been largely overshadowed.
Additional information about BAE Systems Naval products and capabilities featured at the Navy League Sea-Air-Space Exposition, including high resolution images, are available at http://www.ws-wr.com/epk/BAE_Navy2007/.
About BAE Systems
BAE Systems is a global defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land, and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, information technology solutions, and customer support services support services Psychology Non-health care-related ancillary services–eg, transportation, financial aid, support groups, homemaker services, respite services, and other services . BAE Systems, with 88,000 employees worldwide, had 2006 sales that exceeded $25 billion.