Avondale to Donate Day's Trading Proceeds to Flood Relief.
Firm To Participate In Habitat for Humanity Habitat for Humanity, nonprofit ecumenical Christian organization that enables low-income people to own affordable, livable housing. Headquartered in Americus, Ga., it was founded in 1976 by businessman Millard Fuller and his wife. House Build
NASHVILLE, Tenn., Sept. 16 /PRNewswire/ -- Avondale Partners, a national investment banking firm headquartered here, announced today that it is partnering with Habitat for Humanity this month to provide manpower and funds to aid victims of the Nashville flooding.
Steve Riven rive
v. rived, riv·en also rived, riv·ing, rives
1. To rend or tear apart.
2. To break into pieces, as by a blow; cleave or split asunder.
3. , senior managing partner of Avondale Partners, said that the firm will volunteer on a house build on September 25 here in Nashville and will be donating its trading proceeds from September 16, 2010, to provide additional support to the flood relief efforts.
Record, torrential rains hit Nashville in May that resulted in major flooding in many parts of the city, destroying and severely damaging houses and many businesses throughout the city. According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. Riven, the initial response to this disaster was overwhelming and important, but because of the extent of the damage, the recovery phase is requiring a strong and sustained effort.
"This was an enormous event with far-reaching and long-lasting consequences that are still affecting many Nashvillians today," he said. "Many of us at Avondale have helped neighbors and friends recover in the last few months, but we all felt that there was more to do. Many of our clients have also asked for ideas on ways to help Nashville. We felt that by participating in the house build and donating our trading proceeds we could continue to play a role in helping this community recover. I know our entire team looks forward to participating in this effort."
Riven said that the partnership with Habitat for Humanity is an exciting one for the firm, knowing that the activities will result in a place to live for somebody in Nashville. All Avondale employees will have the opportunity to participate on the house build on Sept. 25.
About Avondale Partners LLC (Logical Link Control) See "LANs" under data link protocol.
LLC - Logical Link Control
Avondale Partners is a leading, full-service institutional investment bank and private wealth management firm headquartered in Nashville, with offices in Baltimore, Boston, Philadelphia, San Diego San Diego (săn dēā`gō), city (1990 pop. 1,110,549), seat of San Diego co., S Calif., on San Diego Bay; inc. 1850. San Diego includes the unincorporated communities of La Jolla and Spring Valley. Coronado is across the bay. , San Francisco and St. Louis. More information is available at www.avondalepartnersllc.com.
SOURCE Avondale Partners