Are you ready for ONS connect?ONS ONS Office for National Statistics (UK)
ONS One Night Stand
ONS Onslaught (Unreal Tournament 2004)
ONS Oncology Nursing Society
ONS Object Naming Service
ONS Offshore Northern Seas Connect, the Society's official news magazine, will make its debut next month. The ONS News has been redesigned to bring you twice as many pages of oncology nursing and Society news in each issue. We have planned more feature articles about oncology nurses in practice, personal accounts from ONS members, new oncology drug and product updates, and much more.
I am particularly pleased with our "Five-Minute In-Service," a monthly feature that offers a condensed con·dense
v. con·densed, con·dens·ing, con·dens·es
1. To reduce the volume or compass of.
2. To make more concise; abridge or shorten.
a. recap of timely clinical and research articles originally published in the Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing and Oncology Nursing Forum. We will deliver a succinct summary and keys points of information from the articles. We hope this will help you have quick updates as needed as needed prn. See prn order. as well as the source for more information should you want to read the full journal articles. In addition, our production timeline has changed to allow us to print more timely information related to new drug indications, treatment updates, and other oncology news. We hope that you will rely on ONS Connect for current, relevant oncology news.
I want to thank the members of a project team (see "ONS Connect Project Team") that was assembled to guide the redesign process for their thoughtful assessment of the current ONS News and readers' comments as well as their recommendations for what content to keep, revise, and add. I also want to acknowledge the commitment of Sharon Padezanin, senior staff editor, who has worked tirelessly to simultaneously maintain the production of the ONS News and coordinate the production of ONS Connect.
ONS Connect Project Team
* Heather Martorella, RN, BSN BSN
Bachelor of Science in Nursing , OCN OCN Open College Network
OCN Open Computer Network
OCN Operating Company Number (NANPA)
OCN Oncology Certified Nurse
OCN Of Course Not
OCN Orange County News Channel
OCN Optical Carrier Level N [R]
* Leslie Parran, RN, MS, AOCN AOCN Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse
AOCN Administrative Operating Company Number [R]
* Dana Rutledge, RN, PhD
* Debra Wujcik, RN, MSN (1) (MicroSoft Network) A family of Internet-based services from Microsoft, which includes a search engine, e-mail (Hotmail), instant messaging (Windows Live Messaging) and a general-purpose portal with news, information and shopping (MSN Directory). , AOCN[R], ONS News editor
* Karen Hochberg, director, Marketing and Public Relations public relations, activities and policies used to create public interest in a person, idea, product, institution, or business establishment. By its nature, public relations is devoted to serving particular interests by presenting them to the public in the most
* Sharon Padezanin, senior staff editor, Periodicals Publishing
* Anne Snively, director, Periodicals Publishing
* Angie Stengel, director, Membership and Leadership
Finally, I want to say that I am one of those people who still enjoys reading from a hard copy. I prefer bound textbooks to CD ROMs, and I rarely read online journals. The majority of members who responded to our reader surveys indicated that they still want a print publication as well. Therefore, we will continue publishing a monthly news magazine that is mailed to your home, with an electronic version being available on the ONS Web site.
I am proud of the ONS News and believe the format has served us well. I also am looking forward to our exciting redesign. I am eager to hear your reaction as well.
By Debra Wujcik, RN, MSN, AOCN[R] Editor, ONS News