Are You Malnourished?According to the dictionary "malnourished" means not being provided with adequate nourishment. The first thing that usually comes to mind when the word malnourished is used is the images we have seen of starving children in Africa and other third world countries. But are you aware that at the majority of Americans are malnourished?
Is it possible that we can be malnourished while eating a full plate of food? Absolutely! Malnourishment is without doubt a leading factor in a wide variety of health problems including cancers.
America is a sick country! Nearly 99% of its inhabitants suffer in some manner. Untold millions suffer from excruciating pains and throes of cancer, arthritis, asthma, and other chronic diseases. This has been confirmed by studies showing people in the US, Canada and the UK are amongst the most malnourished in the world. This is the case, in spite of obesity reaching epidemic proportions in the US. And the obese people are some of the most malnourished people!
Consider These Facts:
* Today 86% of America''s children cannot pass a minimum physical fitness test. That compares to 58.6% in 1954.
* Some 1,500 billion dollars ($1.5 trillion) were spent in 1995 on health care (or rather diseases.)
* In 1900 diabetes was the 27th leading cause of death. Today it is the 3rd leading cause of death. Insulin was discovered in 1922.
* One out of five Americans under the age of 17 already has a chronic disease.
* Three out of ten Americans (33%) will have cancer this year. 80% of these people will die and their death will be attributed to cancer.
* Arthritis and rheumatic complaints will affect 77% of our adult population.
* About 22% of Americans suffer from allergies.
* About 34% of Americans are obese, 60% are overweight. Yet nearly all Americans are malnourished in one way or another despite gross overeating.
* Over 50% of Americans suffer from chronic digestive disorder.
* Constipation is a national disease. Nine out of ten Americans suffer from clogged colons.
* Surveys, tests and health evaluation programs reveal that American''s medical professionals (physicians) are sicker and more diseased than the average American.
* According to the U.S. Statistical Abstract of 1992..... 98.5% of Americans are unhealthy! And the situation has only gotten worse since 1992!
Author Mike Adams says, "It explains why obesity is rampant, diabetes is epidemic, and chronic disease is skyrocketing: we are a nation of people who are simultaneously overfed and malnourished. In other words, we''re getting plenty of calories, but very little nutrition."
According to Mike, an alarming new study published in the Journal of Food Composition and Analysis reveals that Americans are getting nearly one-third of their calories from junk foods such as soft drinks, sweets, desserts, alcoholic beverages, and salty snacks. These foods are filled with empty calories that have little or no nutritional value.
These foods that have low nutritional values play an important part in obesity and poor health in general. How can the body function when it doesn''t get the good fuel it needs? Many experts believe that the human body is capable of healing itself of every disease known to man. However,we must give it what it requires to heal itself and stop interfering with its innate healing process.
What can we do to fight malnutrition?
* Try to eat organic fruit and vegetables wherever possible.
* Avoid processed and junk foods! Not only are they nutritionally empty, but they have harmful ingredients that poison the body, such as trans-fats due to the hydrogenated processing methods that are used.
* Take a quality nutritional supplement. A multi vitamin/mineral tablet is not adequate because they use synthetic ingredients with both questionable efficacy and bio-availability. They isolate a few nutrients and leave out many other important nutrients. Find a nutritional supplement that is made of whole foods. It need to be raw so you get all the enzymes you need as well.
The best raw whole food supplement I have ever found is called FrequenSea? by ForeverGreen. It is a raw food liquid supplement based on the powerful nutrition of marine phytoplankton.
FrequenSea? is comprised of hundreds of species marine phytoplankton, which make their marine phytoplankton more powerful than anything you can find elsewhere. The exclusive extraction process allows them to combine the benefits of phytonutrients with a natural and balanced composition of sea minerals.
FrequenSea''s ingredients provide our bodies with the essential minerals, nutrients, vitamins, co-enzymes, enzymes and amino acids that we need to promote optimum health.