Amyloban 3399 product study for cognitive function improvement.dietary supplement Noun 1. dietary supplement - something added to complete a diet or to make up for a dietary deficiency
diet - a prescribed selection of foods
vitamin pill - a pill containing one or more vitamins; taken as a dietary supplement for brain health made from a medicinal mushroom called Lion's Mane [Hericium erinaceum]. It contains ingredients that stimulate growth of nerve cells and protect nerve cells from toxicity of neuronal toxins.
This 2-month clinical trial was performed during August through October 2008, at the request of Maitake Inc., using 8 volunteers to scientifically demonstrate the cognition-enhancing properties of Amyloban 3399, and measure the levels of acceptance and improvement by participants.
The age of the 8 participants ranged from 58 through 72. Volunteers were excluded if they had been on any cognition-enhancing medications.
Two variables were measured: memory improvement and mood. Also tolerance, efficacy, and acceptability were measured throughout the study. Tolerance was tested by having participants take Amyloban 3399 one pill three times per day with food for the first month and then increase to two pills three times per day for the second and third month.
Efficacy was tested by participants' filling out a questionnaire at the beginning of the study as well as being interviewed regarding health status, medications, and age-related cognitive dysfunction.
Participants agreed to take a self-administered questionnaire at the beginning of the study and the same one at the end. Additionally, at the end of the study, patients were required to indicate their level of satisfaction, acceptance, and desire to purchase as well as continue the use of the product. They were to rate the following subjects by a number indicating "sometimes," "most of the time," or "never." Patients were also orally interviewed.
The written questionnaire covered both memory and mood health status before and after the three months including medication.
Topics to be rated included:
* short-term memory loss
* brain fog Brain fog is a term for the "woolly" sensation of a physical obstruction to clear thinking in the brain, often extended to apply in general to neurocognitive symptoms experienced by many people who suffer from neuroimmune diseases such as ME/CFS, fibromyalgia, Lyme disease and and mental confusion self-test
* long-term memory
* learning and concentration problems
* poor circulation
* allergies and sensitivities
* low blood sugar
* poor nutrition
* hormone imbalance
* body rhythms
* lifestyle factors
* exposure to toxic substances
Amyloban was generally well tolerated.
1. Three participants, or 100% of those not on medication, noticed decreased retrieval time of forgotten subject matter.
2. One subject noticed that her very mild night sweats disappeared on Amyloban.
3. Four, or 100% of those not on medication (plus one who was on medication), reported they "felt happier" and that the product improved their mood.
1. One female participant of 72 years of age dropped out of study due to worsening of "stress incontinence stress incontinence
A sudden, involuntary release of urine caused by muscular strain accompanying laughing, sneezing, coughing, or exercise, seen primarily in older women with weakened pelvic musculature. ." Afterward, she reported that she definitely noticed a diminishment of short-term memory once she stopped taking the product.
2. Another 58-year-old-female participant dropped out after two months because of "stomach upset and gurgling Gurgling is a characteristic sound made by unstable two-phase fluid flow, for example, as liquid is poured from a bottle, or during gargling. " within 20 minutes of swallowing Amyloban.
3. One 72-year-old male believed that it gave him diarrhea once during the study.
4. One 72-year-old female reported dizziness while sitting and standing once during the study.
5. One 68-year-old female reported insomnia if she took the pills too late in the day, but sleep improved once supplements were taken earlier in the day.
6. The three subjects who did not report any significant improvement in memory were taking statins, hypertensive hypertensive /hy·per·ten·sive/ (-ten´siv)
1. characterized by increased tension or pressure.
2. an agent that causes hypertension.
3. a person with hypertension. medications, and blood thinners. The three who noticed the most improvement were not on any medication, although one subject who was on meds mentioned "improved quality of life." The product seemed to work better on those who did not have circulation problems and were not on medication.
Summary of Results
Two participants reported feeling "more upbeat" and "optimistic," and energetic. Two noticed marked difference when dosage increased to six per day. One noticed she felt really focused on being organized and finished one task before beginning another. She reported being a lot less scattered, and more disciplined
Those who experienced the greatest improvement in cognition, mood, and general sense of well-being were not on any prescription medication such as statins, hypertension drugs, or blood thinners.
In addition to improving cognition and decreased retrieval time of thought or word forgotten, Amyloban has also demonstrated the ability to improve mood and quality of life, and seemed to be applicable for dysthymia dysthymia /dys·thy·mia/ (-thi´me-ah) dysthymic disorder.
A mood disorder characterized by despondency or mild depression. or low-level depression when the full dosage of six pills per day was adhered to. The one aspect of the product frequently cited was the difficulty of was taking six pills per day. Overall results of the clinical study showed that Amyloban taken at prescribed dosage improved mood, memory, and sense of well-being in 100% of those volunteers who were medication free. Amyloban has excellent potential for the majority of the population.
To obtain Amyloban 3399, please call 800-747-7418, or visit www.MAITAKE.COM (1) (Computer Output Microfilm) Creating microfilm or microfiche from the computer. A COM machine receives print-image output from the computer either online or via tape or disk and creates a film image of each page. .
Also available for health-care professionals through their distributors.
TID tid 3 times a day Health 800-824-2434 and Emerson Ecologics 800-654-4432
Elisa S. Lottor, PhD, ND
Pacifica Women's Health Women's Health Definition
Women's health is the effect of gender on disease and health that encompasses a broad range of biological and psychosocial issues.
2139 Bermuda Dunes Place
Oxnard, California Oxnard is the largest city in Ventura County, California in terms of population. It is located at the western edge of the fertile Oxnard Plain, and is one of the world's most important agricultural centers, with its distinction as the strawberry and lima bean capital. 93036
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Letters to the Editor|
|Author:||Lottor, Elisa S.|
|Date:||May 1, 2009|
|Previous Article:||The wellsprings of healing: on the doctor as artist.|
|Next Article:||Chronic caffeine poisoning.|