American forces press service (April 27, 2005): DAU and NDIA to sponsor Defense Systems Acquisition Management course offering for industry managers.DAU DAU - /dow/ [German Fidonet] D"ummster Anzunehmender User. A German acronym for stupidest imaginable user. From the engineering-slang GAU for Gr"osster Anzunehmender Unfall (worst foreseeable accident), especially of a LNG tank farm plant or something with similarly disastrous and the National Defense Industrial Association will sponsor offerings of the Defense Systems Acquisition Management (DSAM DSAM Down Syndrome Association of Minnesota
DSAM Diploma in Small Animal Medicine
DSAM Deputy Sheriff's Association of Michigan (Lansing, MI)
DSAM Defense Supply Agency Manual ) course for interested industry managers Sept. 19-23, at the Hyatt Regency in New Orleans New Orleans (ôr`lēənz –lənz, ôrlēnz`), city (2006 pop. 187,525), coextensive with Orleans parish, SE La., between the Mississippi River and Lake Pontchartrain, 107 mi (172 km) by water from the river mouth; founded , La. DSAM presents the same acquisition policy information provided to DoD students who attend the Defense Acquisition University courses for formal acquisition certification. It is designed to meet the needs of defense industry acquisition managers in today's dynamic environment, providing the latest information related to:
* Defense acquisition policy for weapons and information technology systems, including discussion of the DoD 5000 series (directive and instruction) and the CJCS CJCS Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (US DoD)
CJCS Cathedral and John Connon School 3170 series (instruction and manual)
* Defense transformation initiatives related to systems acquisition
* Defense acquisition procedures and processes
* The planning, programming, budgeting, and execution process and the congressional budget process
* The relationship between the determination of military capability needs, resource allocation resource allocation Managed care The constellation of activities and decisions which form the basis for prioritizing health care needs , science and technology activities, and acquisition programs.
For further information see "Courses Offered" under "Meetings and Events" at <http://www.NDIA NDIA National Defense Industrial Association
NDIA New Doha International Airport (Qatar) .org>. Industry students contact Christina Buck at (703) 247-9478 or e-mail email@example.com. A few experienced government students may be selected to attend each offering. Government students must first contact Bruce Moler at (703) 805-5257, or e-mail Bruce.Moler@dau.mil prior to registering with NDIA.
Online registration is available at: <http://register.ndia.org/interview/register.ndia?#July2005>.