Alvarion Completes Initial 802.16e Interoperability Between Its 4Motion(TM) BreezeMAX(TM) Base Station and Various Third Party Devices.TEL AVIV Tel Aviv (tĕl əvēv`), city (1994 pop. 355,200), W central Israel, on the Mediterranean Sea. Oficially named Tel Aviv–Jaffa, it is Israel's commercial, financial, communications, and cultural center and the core of its largest , Israel -- Successful Tests Point to Future Multivendor Mobile WiMAX See WiMAX and 802.16. Ecosystem Delivering Personal Broadband Services
Alvarion Ltd. (NASDAQ NASDAQ
in full National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations
U.S. market for over-the-counter securities. Established in 1971 by the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD), NASDAQ is an automated quotation system that reports on :ALVR), the world's leading provider of wireless broadband High-speed wireless transmission of data. What is "high" speed is always a changing number. Wireless systems are typically slower than land-based, wireline networks. In the past, wireless broadband started at 250 Kbps, whereas land-based broadband was generally considered to start at T1 solutions and specialized mobile networks, today announced that it has completed initial interoperability tests between its 4Motion BreezeMAX base stations and various end user devices from third party manufacturers that are expected to be generally available in the near future. Focused around the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, New York, www.ieee.org) A membership organization that includes engineers, scientists and students in electronics and allied fields. 802.16e-2005 specification for mobile WiMAX, the tests were performed by Alvarion at multiple locations using its market leading BreezeMAX base stations and other vendors' end user devices, many of which use the mobile WiMAX chipset from Beceem Communications, widely regarded as a leading WiMAX chip vendor.
Alvarion's extensive interoperability testing is part of the company's efforts to promote open, standard, multivendor WiMAX networks, while offering service providers the ability to buy a complete end-to-end WiMAX 802.16e-2005 solution. Alvarion's mobile WiMAX solution, called 4Motion, includes mobile WiMAX radio base stations; end-user devices such as indoor desktop modems, PCMCIA cards and multimode devices; core network elements such as AAA servers and mobile IP home agents; and a comprehensive management platform. 4Motion mobile services are expected to be available in the first half of 2007.
"Our pioneering work around multivendor interoperability is accelerating mobile WiMAX and putting our 4Motion solution ahead of other products coming to market," Rudy Leser, Alvarion's Corporate vice president strategy and marketing. "When combined with our current worldwide leadership position in WiMAX deployments, we are now closer to offering a high performance mobile WiMAX solution, while catalyzing the establishment of a vast mobile WiMAX ecosystem based on the 802.16e-2005 standard. The result will be to make broadband as ubiquitous and available as basic voice services are today."
Already demonstrated at CTIA (1) See CompTIA.
(2) (Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association, Washington, DC, www.ctia.org, www.wow-com.com) A membership organization founded in 1984 that is involved with regulatory and public affairs issues in the wireless industry. and CommunicAsia exhibitions, 4Motion enables service providers to begin deploying an 802.16e-based WiMAX network which is designed to support portable and mobile personal broadband services. Powered by Alvarion's advanced radio technologies, 4Motion uses BreezeMAX, Alvarion's WiMAX base station platform, as its primary building block. Designed from the ground up according to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. the IEEE 802.16 standards, BreezeMAX supports fixed, nomadic See nomadic computing. , portable and mobile WiMAX applications, and has been successfully deployed in over 150 installations in more than 30 countries around the world. Its carrier-class design supports broadband speeds and quality of service (QoS) to enable carriers to offer triple play broadband services to thousands of subscribers in a single base station.
With more than 2 million units deployed in 150 countries, Alvarion is the world's leading provider of innovative wireless network solutions enabling personal broadband services to improve lifestyles and productivity with portable and mobile data, VoIP, video and other applications. Providing systems to carriers, ISPs and private network operators, the company also supplies solutions to extend coverage of GSM and CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access) A method for transmitting simultaneous signals over a shared portion of the spectrum. The foremost application of CDMA is the digital cellular phone technology from QUALCOMM that operates in the 800 MHz band and 1.9 GHz PCS band. mobile networks to developing countries and other hard to serve areas.
Leading the WiMAX market with the most widely deployed WiMAX system in the world, Alvarion has the most extensive networks deployments and proven product portfolio in the industry covering the full range of frequency bands with both fixed and mobile solutions. Alvarion's products enable the delivery of business and residential broadband access See broadband and wireless broadband. , corporate VPNs, toll quality telephony, mobile base station feeding, hotspot coverage extension, community interconnection, public safety communications, and mobile voice and data. Alvarion works with several global OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) The rebranding of equipment and selling it. The term initially referred to the company that made the products (the "original" manufacturer), but eventually became widely used to refer to the organization that buys the products and providers and more than 200 local partners to support its diverse global customer base in solving their last-mile challenges.
As a wireless broadband pioneer, Alvarion has been driving and delivering innovations for more than 10 years from core technology developments to creating and promoting industry standards. Leveraging its key roles in the IEEE and HiperMAN standards committees and experience in deploying OFDM-based systems, the company's prominent work in the WiMAX Forum(TM) is focused on increasing the widespread adoption of standards-based products in the wireless broadband market and leading the entire industry to mobile WiMAX solutions.
For more information, visit Alvarion's World Wide Web site at www.alvarion.com
This press release contains forward -looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor Safe Harbor
1. A legal provision to reduce or eliminate liability as long as good faith is demonstrated.
2. A form of shark repellent implemented by a target company acquiring a business that is so poorly regulated that the target itself is less attractive. " provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 (PSLRA) implemented several significant substantive changes affecting certain cases brought under the federal securities laws, including changes related to pleading, discovery, liability, class representation and awards fees and of 1995. These statements are based on the current expectations or beliefs of Alvarion's management and are subject to a number of factors and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in the forward -looking statements. The following factors, among others, could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements: inability to further identify, develop and achieve success for new products, services and technologies; increased competition and its effect on pricing, spending, third-party relationships and revenues; as well as the in ability to establish and maintain relationships with commerce, advertising, marketing, and technology providers and other risks detailed from time to time in filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Information set forth in this press release pertaining per·tain
intr.v. per·tained, per·tain·ing, per·tains
1. To have reference; relate: evidence that pertains to the accident.
2. to third parties has not been independently verified by Alvarion and is based solely on publicly available information or on information provided to Alvarion by such third parties for inclusion in this press release. The web sites appearing in this press release are not and will not be included or incorporated by reference in any filing made by Alvarion with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which this press release will be a part of.
You may request Alvarion's future press releases or a complete Investor Kit by contacting Carmen Carmen
throws over lover for another. [Fr. Lit.: Carmen; Fr. Opera: Bizet, Carmen, Westerman, 189–190]
See : Faithlessness
the cards repeatedly spell her death. [Fr. Deville, Investor Relations Investor relations
The process by which the corporation communicates with its investors. : firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-650.314.2653.