Along came a spider ...A one-day conference for those involved in producing outdoor arts events. 11 March, Liverpool
For five days in September 2008, the streets, docks and buildings of Liverpool were occupied by a fifty-foot high spider. The piece was commissioned by the Culture Company for Liverpool 2008, and brought to the city through a collaboration between creators La Machine, producers Artichoke artichoke, name for two different plants of the family Asteraceae (aster family), both having edible parts. The French, or globe, artichoke (Cynara scolymus and production company Unusual.
La Machine has been hailed as one of the highlights of the Capital of Culture celebrations, uniting thousands of people as they watched La Princesse on her journey through the city.
For this conference, Artichoke will reunite some of the key people behind the show to look at how the event was made possible, featuring in particular the charismatic Francois Delaroziere, visionary artistic director of La Machine. Inspirational keynotes will provide a background to the event, with breakout sessions offering an opportunity to look at how the production was embedded in the city both creatively and practically.
Other speakers include:
* Alan Jacobi, Unusual
* Ben Chamberlain, The Corner Shop PR
* John Wyver, The Illuminations Group
* Andy Barr, LCC (Leadless Chip Carrier, Leaded Chip Carrier) See leadless chip carrier, CLCC and PLCC.
1. LCC - Language for Conversational Computing. Written at CMU in the 1960's. Traffic Management
* Bill Gee, ArtsAdmin
* Stella Hall, Culture 10
* Michael Eakin, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic The Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra based in Liverpool, England, is one of the world's oldest established orchestras. It is part funded by the local authority, and is administered by the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Society (RPLS), a registered charity.
* Bob Prattey, ACC See adaptive cruise control. Liverpool
* John Holden, Demos Associate
* Nicky Webb and Helen Marriage, Artichoke
To register your interest and to be the first to receive full information and booking details, please contact Hannah Standen at hannah. firstname.lastname@example.org