Album of the Week.
The Killing Me Softly songstress song·stress
1. A woman who performs songs, especially ballads or popular songs.
2. A woman who writes songs. See Usage Note at -ess. , who is now 75, puts her stamp on favourites such as Hey Jude, Let It Be and The Long And Winding Road in an album which has already won the approval of John Lennon's widow Yoko Ono.
As one would expS 1ect from Flack, her voice adds a different dimension and interpretation to the enduring classics.
Hey Jude, with its gentle, jaunty jaun·ty
adj. jaun·ti·er, jaun·ti·est
1. Having a buoyant or self-confident air; brisk.
2. Crisp and dapper in appearance; natty.
b. Genteel. feel, and a soulful version of Let It Be are particular stand-outs, but her jazzy jazz·y
adj. jazz·i·er, jazz·i·est
1. Resembling jazz in form or nature; rhythmical.
2. Slang Showy; flashy: a jazzy car. takes on Oh! Darling, Come Together and closer Here, There And Everywhere are just as pleasant.