Air Education and Training Command.Commander: Gen. Stephen R. Lorenz
Headquarters: Randolph AFB, Texas
Command Chief Master Sgt.: Chief Master Sgt. Robert Tappana
Web address: www.aetc.af.mil
Develops America's Airmen today, for tomorrow. With a vision to deliver unrivaled air and space education and training, the command recruits Airmen and provides basic military training, initial and advanced technical training, flying training, medical training and professional military and degree-granting professional education. The command also conducts joint, readiness and Air Force security assistance training.
Sustains the combat capability of the operational Air Force with highly trained and motivated Airmen; recalls individual ready Reservists and manages mobility and contingency tasking support for combatant commanders.
People Active duty 36,764 Officers 8,013 Enlisted 28,751 AFRC 4,219 ANG 4,048 Civilians 11,159 Contracted workers 11,552 NAF Civilians 4,231 Total 71,973 Student Education Graduates Officer accessions 3,719 Basic Officer Training 528 Commissioned Officer Training 998 Reserve Commissioned Officer Training 158 Reserve Officer Training Corps 1,989 Airman Education and Commissioning Program 46 Professional Military Education 53,782 Enlisted PME 20,727 Officer PME 6,593 Air Force Institute fat Advanced Distributed Learning (PME) 19,280 Air War College nonresident 3,406 Air Command and Staff College nonresident 3,776 Professional continuing education 22,298 Air Force Institute of Technology 16,648 Air University 5,108 Air Force Institute for Advanced Distributed Learning (Special) 542 Academic education 19,029 Air Force institute of Technology 1,515 School of Advanced Air and Space Studies 42 Advanced Studies Group (SAMS, SAW JAWS) 16 Community College of the Air Force 17,456 Other educational activities 2,783 Technical training 71,728 Air University resident 2,136 Air Force Institute for Advanced Distributed Learning (Career Development Courses-TT) 69,592 Total 173,339 Student Training Graduates Basic Military Training 31,098 Technical Training 146,758 Field Training 38,931 Distance Learning 10,521 Joint Sourcing Solution Graduates 7,109 Total 234,417 Recruiting Officer accessions 1,799 Health professionals 1,239 Chaptair 25 Line 535 Enlisted accessions 31,980 Non prior service 31,780 Prior service 200 Total 33,779
Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
* Carl A. Spaatz Center for officer education
* Ira C. Eaker College for professional development
* Jeanne M. Holm Center for officer accessions and citizen development
* Thomas N. Barnes Center for enlisted education
* Air Force institute of Technology
* Air Force Research Institute
* Curtis E. LeMay Center for doctrine development and education
* Muir S. Fairchild Research Information Center
* Air University Television
* Air University Press
* Civil Air Patrol U.S. Air Force
* 42nd Air Base Wing
2nd Air Force (technical training), Keesler AFB, Miss.
* 17th Training Wing, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
* 37th Training Wing, Lackland AFB, Texas
* 81st Training Wing, Keesler AFB, Miss.
* 82nd Training Wing, Sheppard AFB, Texas
* 381st Training Group, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
19th Air Force (flying training), Randolph AFB, Texas
* 12th Flying Training Wing, Randolph AFB, Texas (T-1A, T-6A, T-38C, T-43A)
* 14th Flying Training Wing, Columbus AFB, Miss. (T-1A, T-6, T-37B, T-38C)
* 23rd Flying Training Squadron, Fort Rucker, Ala. (UH-1H)
* 47th Flying Training Wing, Laughlin AFB, Texas (T-1A, T-6, T-38C)
* 56th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB, Ariz. (F-16C/D)
* 58th Special Operations Wing, Kirtland AFB, N.M. (HC-130P/N, HH-60G, MC-130H/P, UH-1N, CV-22)
* 71st Flying Training Wing, Vance AFB, Okla. (T-6A, T-1A, T-38C)
* 80th Flying Training Wing, Sheppard AFB, Texas (T-37B, T-38C)
* 97th Air Mobility Wing, Altus AFB, Okla. (C-17, KC-135, T-6A)
* 306th Flying Training Group, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo. (TC-51/C-150. TG-10B/C, TG-15A/B, T-41D (C-172) TACAV, UV-18B)
* 314th Airlift Wing, Little Rock AFB, Ark (C-130 E/J)
* 325th Fighter Wing, Tyndall AFB, Fla. (F-15C/D, F-22, Undergraduate Controller and Air Battle Manager training, Weapons Director training)
* 336th Training Group, Fairchild AFB, Wash, (UH-1N, Aircrew Survival training)
* 45th Airlift Flight, Keesler AFB, Miss. (C-21)
Air Force Recruiting Service, Randolph AFB, Texas
* 360th Recruiting Group, Hanscom AFB, Mass,
* 369th Recruiting Group, Lackland AFB, Texas
* 372nd Recruiting Group, Hill AFB, Utah
* 59th Medical Wing, (San Antonio Military Medical Center--South) or Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland AFB, Texas
* Air Force Occupational Measurement Squadron, Randolph AFB, Texas
* Air Force Security Assistance Training Squadron, Randolph AFB, Texas