Air Education And Training Command.
Develop America's Airmen today ... for tomorrow With a vision to deliver unrivaled air and space education and training. AETC recruits professional Airmen and provides basic military training, initial and advanced technical training flying training. medical training and professional military and degree granting professional education. AETC also conducts joint, readiness and Air Force security assistance training.
Sustains the combat capability of the operational Air Force with highly trained and motivated Airmen. Recall of individual ready reservists. Mobility and contingency tasking support to combatant commanders.
People Active duty 41,371 Officers 9,073 Enlisted 32,298 AFRC 2,572 ANG 4,735 Civilians 15,315 Contracted workers 10,422 Total 74,415 Student Education Graduates Officer accessions 4,335 Basic Officer Training 750 Commissioned Officer Training 944 Reserve Commissioned Officer Training 190 Reserve Officer Training Corps 2,405 Airman Education and Commissioning Program 46 Professional Military Education 44,420 Enlisted PME 11,323 Officer PME 8,108 Air Force Institute for Advanced Distributed Learning (PME) 23,440 Air War College nonresident 1,549 Professional continuing education 24,151 Air Force Institute of Technology 15,505 Air University 7,816 Air Force Institute for Advanced Distributed Learning (Special) 830 Academic education 18,345 Air Force Institute of Technology 1,320 School of Advanced Air and Space Studies 38 Advanced Studies Group (SAMS, SAW, JAWS) 19 Community College of the Air Force 16,968 Other educational activities 5,531 Air Force Institute for Advanced Distributed Learning (Career Development Courses-TT) 86,586 Total 183,368 Student Training Graduates Aircrew 10,939 Survival training 9,193 Basic Military Training 21,786 Technical training (includes nonresidents) 142,964 Field training 27,617 Distance learning 15,447 Total 227,946 Recruiting Officer accessions 1,837 Health professionals 1,321 Chaplain 31 Line 485 Enlisted accessions 30,750 Non-prior service 30,710 Prior service 40 Total 32,587
Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
* Air Force officer accession and training schools--Reserve Officer Training Corps, Junior ROTC, Officer Training School (Basic Officer Training, Commissioned Officer Training)
* Professional Military Education--Squadron Officer College (Air and Space Basic Course, Squadron Officer School), Air Command and Staff College, Air War College, School for Advanced Air and Space Studies, College for Enlisted PME (Senior NCO Academy and CONUS NCO Academies, Air Force Enlisted Heritage Institute) and the Chief Master Sergeant Leadership Course
* Undergraduate and graduate degree programs--Community College of the Air Force, Air Force Institute of Technology (Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio), School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Air Command and Staff College, Air War College
* Professional continuing education--Air Force Institute of Technology (Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio), Ira C. Eaker College for Professional Development (USAF Chaplain Service Institute, Air Force Judge Advocate General School, Air Force Human Resource Management School, Commander's Professional Development School, USAF First Sergeant Academy, Professional Military Comptroller School, USAF Historian Development School, International Officer School), College of Aerospace Doctrine, Research and Education (Air Force Wargaming Institute, Airpower Research Institute, Public Affairs Center of Excellence, Warfare Studies Institute)
* Headquarters Air University Academic Office--Academic Affairs Division, Registrar Division, Center for Teaching Excellence (Faculty Development Division, Academic Instructor School)
* Air Force Institute for Advance Distributed Learning (Extension Course Program, Air Technology Network, Air Force ADL Focal Point)
* Air University Library--Air University Press
* Communications & Information Office--Air University Television
* Civil Air Patrol--USAF
* 42nd Air Base Wing
2nd Air Force (technical training) Keesler AFB, Miss.
* 17th Training Wing, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
* 37th Training Wing, Lackland AFB, Texas
* 81st Training Wing, Keesler AFB, Miss.
* 82nd Training Wing, Sheppard AFB, Texas
* 381st Training Group, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
19th Air Force (flying training), Randolph AFB, Texas
* 12th Flying Training Wing, Randolph AFB, Texas (T-1A, T-6A, T-37B, T-38C, T-43A)
* 14th Flying Training Wing, Columbus AFB, Miss. (T-1A, T-37B, T-38C)
* 23rd Flying Training Squadron, Fort Rucker, Ala. (UH-1H)
* 47th Flying Training Wing, Laughlin AFB, Texas (T-1A, T-6, T-38C)
* 56th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB, Ariz. (F-16C/D)
* 58th Special Operations Wing, Kirtland AFB, N.M. (HC-130P/N, HH-60G, MC-130H/P, MH-53J, UH-1N)
* 71st Flying Training Wing, Vance AFB, Okla. (T-6A, T-1A, T-37B, T-38C)
* 80th Flying Training Wing, Sheppard AFB, Texas (T-37B, T-38A, AT-38B)
* 97th Air Mobility Wing, Altus AFB, Okla. (C-51, C-17, KC-135)
* 306th Flying Training Group, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo. (TG-10B/C/D, TG-14, TG-15A/B, UV-18, T-41D, C-150, DA-20-C1)
* 314th Airlift Wing, Little Rock AFB, Ark. (C-130E/J)
* 325th Fighter Wing, Tyndall AFB, Fla. (F-15C/D, F/A-22A, Undergraduate Controller and Air Battle Manager Training, Weapons Director Training)
* 336th Training Group, Fairchild AFB, Wash. (UH-1N, Aircrew Survival Training)
* 45th Airlift Flight, Keesler AFB, Miss. (C-21)
* 479th Flying Training Group, Moody AFB, Ga. (T-6A, T-38C)
Air Force Recruiting Service, Randolph AFB, Texas
* 360th Recruiting Group, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
* 367th Recruiting Group, Robins AFB, Ga.
* 369th Recruiting Group, Lackland AFB, Texas
* 372nd Recruiting Group, Hill AFB, Utah
* 59th Medical Wing, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland AFB, Texas
* Air Force Occupational Measurement Squadron, Randolph AFB, Texas
* Air Force Security Assistance Training Squadron, Randolph AFB, Texas
Commander: Gen. William R. Looney III
Headquarters: Randolph AFB, Texas
Command Chief Master Sgt.: Chief Master Sgt. Rodney E. Ellison
Web address: www.aetc.randolph.af.mil
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||professional training for airmen|
|Article Type:||Company Profile|
|Date:||Jan 1, 2006|
|Previous Article:||Air Combat Command.|
|Next Article:||Civil Air Patrol.|