Achieving and Maintaining Soft and Smooth Hands
Whether it is engaging in household cleaning chores using detergents and chemical cleaning agents,, washing the dishes, working in the garden, or other tasks that require using our hands, the skin tends to get rough and damaged Just like the rest of the skin on your body, the hands need care tooWhether it is engaging in household cleaning chores using detergents and chemical cleaning agents,, washing the dishes, working in the garden, or other tasks that require using our hands, the skin tends to get rough and damaged. Just like the rest of the skin on your body, the hands need care too. There are a variety of methods one can utilize in order to maintain soft and healthy hands.
1. If you spend a lot of time outdoors, you need to protect your hands from harmful UV rays. Increased sun exposure speeds up skin aging on the hands, which can cause wrinkling and brown spots. Brown spots are high concentrations of melanin produced by too much sun exposure. Using a sunscreen with a high SPF factor, will protect the skin from sun damage. Many hand creams have built in sun screen.
2. When using chemical and detergent cleaners, wear a pair of latex gloves or rubber so that you do not get any of the cleaner on your hands. Apply a thin layer of moisturizer before on your hands before you put the gloves on.
3. Hand cream helps maintain the skin''s elasticity ensuring smooth and soft skin. There are many benefits to using hand creams such as reducing the signs of aging, healing raw, irritated, and damaged skin, and providing much needed vitamin and mineral nourishment. These creams or gels will help avoid dry and cracked skin. Choosing the right hand cream depends on personal skin needs. For instance, if you have sensitive skin, you will need a hand cream designed for those who have sensitive skin.
4. When you wash your hands, use a mild soap. After you have thoroughly rinsed off the soap, apply a hand cream that contains a moisturizer. You should also do this before you go to bed so that the moisturizer works throughout the night. A natural soap such as oatmeal or clay based soap is a good choice as they do not contain any chemical additives or petroleum products. Once or twice a week, wash your hands with a gentle glycerin or Castile soap and exfoliate. There are also a number of hand exfoliates on the market that exfoliates, purifies, moisturizes, and smoothes the skin on the hands.
5. If you begin a hand care routine because your hands are raw and irritated, it is important to continue you care after the skin has healed. This will help prevent any future skin irritations.
6. Drink plenty of water and include fresh fruits and vegetables in your regular diet, which can help you to achieve healthy and soft skin.
The skin is the body''s protective layer so it is important to care for it. During the summer months, every part of the skin needs care, including our hands. Our hands are always on display for everyone to see, and even touch as when we shake hands Dry, chapped, and irritated skin, is not only unappealing, but a serious discomfort. It can even lead to skin infections. Hands that undergo daily care are able to withstand harsh elements thereby ensuring soft, smooth, and healthy skin. Hand care should be an important part of your skin care routine.