AWARD-WINNING PHOTOGRAPHER ANNE GEDDES WINS BEST IN CATEGORY.InComm, a leading provider of prepaid transaction processing Updating the appropriate database records as soon as a transaction (order, payment, etc.) is entered into the computer. It may also imply that confirmations are sent at the same time.
Transaction processing systems are the backbone of an organization because they update constantly. and electronic point-of- sale (POS (1) See point of sale and packet over SONET.
(2) "Parent over shoulder." See digispeak.
POS - point of sale ) distribution solutions, working with designs based on the award-winning images of internationally acclaimed photographer Anne Geddes Anne Geddes, MNZM, (born September 1956) is an Australian-born photographer, clothing designer and businesswoman who now lives and works in New Zealand. She is well-known for her stylised depictions of babies and motherhood. , won the coveted cov·et
v. cov·et·ed, cov·et·ing, cov·ets
1. To feel blameworthy desire for (that which is another's). See Synonyms at envy.
2. To wish for longingly. See Synonyms at desire. Best-in- Category designation at the third-annual Paybefore Awards. Revealed at the Prepaid Expo USA in Orlando, Florida The city of Orlando is a major city in central Florida and is the county seat of Orange County, Florida. According to the 2000 census, the city population was 185,951. A 2006 U.S. , InComm surpassed several companies to capture the crowning award for Best Prepaid Materials Design with its Anne Geddes Vanilla Gift Cards, which reflect her artistry. The category recognized the best design of electronic or printed materials for a network-branded, retailer-branded or restricted authorization network prepaid card program such as marketing collateral Marketing collateral, in marketing and sales, is the collection of media used to support the sales of a product or service. These sales aids are intended to make the sales effort easier and more effective. , card(s), packaging, mailers, inserts and website. This is the second consecutive year that the Anne Geddes Vanilla Gift Card product was a winner.
"Paybefore Awards shine the spotlight on terrific people and companies using prepaid to provide innovative payments solutions," said Marilyn Bochicchio, Paybefore CEO (1) (Chief Executive Officer) The highest individual in command of an organization. Typically the president of the company, the CEO reports to the Chairman of the Board. . "It's our honor to recognize these programs and the companies that created them as leaders in the industry."
Anne Geddes' images have become icons celebrating birth and life, embodying her deeply held belief that every child must be protected, nurtured, and loved. Since 2007, InComm has been proud to have an exclusive association with Anne Geddes; the internationally celebrated artist's photographs were licensed to adorn a series of Vanilla Gift Cards offered in the United States United States, officially United States of America, republic (2005 est. pop. 295,734,000), 3,539,227 sq mi (9,166,598 sq km), North America. The United States is the world's third largest country in population and the fourth largest country in area. , Canada and other countries. Throughout 2008, InComm increased distribution of the Anne Geddes card line across several national retail locations. The series is available at InComm retail partners in $25, $50 and $100 denominations.
Anne Geddes and her husband and business partner, Kel Geddes, reside in Australia and together oversee Geddes Group Holdings. Her instantly recognizable imagery has been featured in popular consumer items including her New York New York, state, United States
New York, Middle Atlantic state of the United States. It is bordered by Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and the Atlantic Ocean (E), New Jersey and Pennsylvania (S), Lakes Erie and Ontario and the Canadian province of Times bestselling books and internationally bestselling calendars, and is beautifully displayed at www.annegeddes.com. The collaborative efforts of Anne Geddes and InComm have blossomed into an innovative and collectible gift card-an inspiring and powerful piece of art in a fun, portable package.
About Anne Geddes
One of the world's most respected photographers, and a multiple New York Times and internationally bestselling author, Anne Geddes creates images that are iconic i·con·ic
1. Of, relating to, or having the character of an icon.
2. Having a conventional formulaic style. Used of certain memorial statues and busts. , award winning, and beloved. Capturing the beauty, purity, vulnerability, and preciousness of children, her imagery embodies her deeply held belief that every child must be protected, nurtured, and loved. Reflecting this belief, Anne Geddes and her husband, Kel, are committed to "giving back" and honoring the preciousness of children. That is why, since 1992, designated funds have been donated through the non-profit Geddes Philanthropic Trust to help prevent child abuse and neglect.
Anne Geddes' images have been published in 83 countries, and been featured in her books that have sold more than 18 million copies worldwide and been translated into 24 languages.
For more information, visit http://www.annegeddes.com.
InComm is the industry leading marketer, distributor and technology innovator of stored-value gift and prepaid products using its state-of-the-art point-of-sale transaction technology and payment solutions to revolutionize retail product sales and customer experiences. With almost $8 billion in retail sales transactions processed in 2007, InComm is the nation's largest provider of gift cards, prepaid wireless products, reloadable debit cards debit card, card that allows the cost of goods or services that are purchased to be deducted directly from the purchaser's checking account. They can also be used at automated teller machines for withdrawing cash from the user's checking account. , digital music downloads, content, games, software and bill payment solutions. InComm partners with consumer brand leaders around the world to provide more than 145,000 retail locations the products and services their customers demand. Since 1992, InComm's patented technologies have made the buying process easier for consumers while streamlining the selling process for product and retail partners.
To learn more about InComm, visit http://www.incomm.com or call 800/352-3084. InComm is headquartered in Atlanta with offices in Japan, Canada, the United Kingdom, Puerto Rico Puerto Rico (pwār`tō rē`kō), island (2005 est. pop. 3,917,000), 3,508 sq mi (9,086 sq km), West Indies, c.1,000 mi (1,610 km) SE of Miami, Fla. ,Colorado, Texas, Florida, New Jersey, Oregon, Arkansas, Alabama, Minnesota and Mississippi.
Paybefore is the leading information provider to prepaid and stored value card industry professionals, offering the latest news, commentary and analysis. Paybefore's family of industry publications include: Paybefore.com, a 24/7 online information portal; Paybefore News, daily news briefs delivered electronically; Paybefore Update, a downloadable e-newsletter including Paybefore Legal, delivered 20 times a year; Paybefore Magazine, a biannual bi·an·nu·al
1. Happening twice each year; semiannual.
2. Occurring every two years; biennial.
bi·an print publication highlighting the best of Paybefore; and Paybefore Buyer's Guide, available online 24/7 and in print.
For more information, call 770/882-2240 or visit http://www.paybefore.com.