AU WOMEN?S HOOPS: Tigers drop to No. 6 in AP poll
The Auburn women’s basketball team has apparently earned enough respect not to plummet in the polls after a loss.
The Tigers dropped one spot to No. 6 on Monday in the new Associated Press Associated Press: see news agency.
Associated Press (AP)
Cooperative news agency, the oldest and largest in the U.S. and long the largest in the world. top 25 poll, swapping places with Louisville (20-2).
The Tigers almost held firm at No. 5 despite picking up their first loss of the season Thursday at Georgia. Louisville tallied just one more voting point (873) than Auburn.
Auburn rebounded Sunday with a 66-55 victory at LSU LSU Louisiana State University
LSU Large Subunit
LSU La Salle University (Philadelphia, PA)
LSU La Sierra University
LSU Link State Update (OSPF)
LSU Learning Support Unit .
In hindsight, though, Auburn can look at the weekend as a missed opportunity to move up in the poll, as previously No. 3 Duke lost at Florida State on Thursday. The Blue Devils blue devil
1. A blue capsule or tablet containing barbiturate amobarbital or its sodium derivative.
2. A feeling of depression; despondency. dropped just one spot to No. 4, as California (18-2) vaulted four spots to No. 3.
UConn, the lone undefeated team in the nation, remained the No. 1 team in the country and received all 45 first-place votes.
Despite the drop, Auburn still sits at its highest point in the polls since 2000.
“None of this matters until it matters, and that’s the NCAA tournament NCAA Tournament can mean:
- NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship, the most common usage of this term
- NCAA Men's Division II Basketball Championship
- NCAA Men's Division III Basketball Championship
Everything we’re doing right now is to prepare ourself our·self
1. Myself. Used as a reflexive when we is used instead of I by a singular speaker or author, as in an editorial or a royal proclamation. See Usage Note at myself.
2. Nonstandard Ourselves. to play in the postseason. Everything up to that point really is just to get your team better and better and not about the polls.”
Auburn resumes its conference schedule Thursday at Beard-Eaves-Memorial Coliseum Beard-Eaves-Memorial Coliseum is a 10,500-seat multi-purpose arena in Auburn, Alabama. The arena opened in 1969. It is home to the Auburn University Tigers men's and women's basketball teams and women's gymnastics team. against Ole Miss.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Feb 2, 2009|
|Previous Article:||AU WOMEN'S HOOPS: Fortner: Tigers won't be victims of letdown tonight|
|Next Article:||AU HOOPS: Reed puts ?slipup? behind him|
|NOTEBOOK: CARROLL SAYS BOOTY LIKELY TO REDSHIRT.|
|Auburn women jump to No. 6 in AP poll|