AOL Launches International Versions of Men's Lifestyle Site, Asylum.com.
NEW YORK -- AOL today announced the international expansion of its popular men's lifestyle site, Asylum, with launches in Australia, www.asylum.com.au, India, www.asylum.in, Italy, www.asylumitalia.it, and the UK, www.asylum.co.uk. AOL plans to launch Asylum in additional countries by year's end, as part of the company's ambitious global expansion effort. Launched in the U.S. in December, Asylum is already the Web's most visited men's lifestyle site, attracting nearly 3 million domestic unique visitors in April, with nearly 40% of the traffic coming to Asylum from outside the AOL network.*
"Based on the successful launch of Asylum in the U.S., we are actively growing this brand internationally," said Asylum Managing Director Jared Willig. "We're confident that Asylum's unique editorial voice, which provides an irreverent look at all things that matter to guys, will resonate with a worldwide audience."
Each international site has an editorial team based in the territory that creates local content as well as syndicates content from the U.S. and the other Asylum sites. In addition, standard and customized local advertising packages are available.
From longer editorial features to quick-content bites, Asylum caters to all men's key lifestyle interests in a range of formats, including interactive features, editorial pieces, multimedia and video. The site's blog-like structure provides readers with a constant flow of new editorial features, while reader-submitted stories, user polls and robust commenting have created an extremely active and engaged community. Some of Asylum's most popular features include:
* Happy Hour Hero - weird news and facts to impress your friends at the bar
* Steal That Style - great looks from celebrities, movies and TV shows and descriptions of where to get it (and for how much)
* Cheat Sheet - daily wrap of celebrity and sports headlines men need to know
* Below the Belt - the best of... Women and Sex
* Today's Crush - who we're in love with today
* Master Clash - who would win in a battle? Giant frogs or sea spiders? Zombies or reality TV stars?
* Life Lessons - expert advice on health, style, fitness, business, and more
* On The Scene - coverage of the hottest events and nightlife across the globe
* Gotta Have It - profile of hot new products: gadgets, sneakers, vodkas, etc.
* Secrets from the Other Side - stuff you don't know about women, but should
Asylum is part of AOL's entertainment network that includes some of the most popular entertainment sites on the web, including AOL Music, http://music.aol.com, AOL Television, http://television.aol.com, Moviefone, http://movies.aol.com, and Urlesque, http://www.urlesque.com.
As part of its international growth plans, AOL now has a presence in 21 countries and plans to expand to 30 countries by the end of 2008. Offerings in most of these countries include AOL portals as well as AOL/HP co-branded portals and services.
* Source: comScore Media Metrix, April 2008. The comScore category for Asylum is a custom-built competitor list.
AOL is a global Web services company that operates some of the most popular Web destinations, offers a comprehensive suite of free software and services, runs one of the largest Internet access businesses in the U.S., and provides a full set of advertising solutions. A majority-owned subsidiary of Time Warner Inc., AOL LLC and its subsidiaries have operations in the U.S., Europe, Canada and Asia. Learn more at AOL.com.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Jun 5, 2008|
|Previous Article:||MetaPass and Avatier Partner.|
|Next Article:||Monster Employment Index Declines in May.|
|AOL, COLUMBIA HOUSE IN MULTI-MILLION MARKETING DEAL.|
|Helping Egypt's gay refugees.|
|Waiting for asylum.|
|Successful International Lawyer Writes Thriller About Iraqi Refugee.|