AMSO Unveils Technical Advisory Board.Leading Scientists to Advise Shale Oil Research Effort
NEWARK, N.J. -- American Shale Oil, LLC (Logical Link Control) See "LANs" under data link protocol.
LLC - Logical Link Control (AMSO AMSO Army Model and Simulation Office
AMSO American Medical Specialty Organization
AMSO Aeromedical Safety Officer
AMSO Association of Market Survey Organizations
AMSO Ammunition Shipment Order
AMSO Acquisition Management Staff Office ), a federal oil shale research, development and demonstration lease holder, today announced the formation of its Technical Advisory Board composed of seven distinguished scientific researchers. The Board will advise AMSO on technical challenges associated with producing shale oil. AMSO is a joint venture of IDT IDT Integrated Device Technology, Inc. (Santa Clara, CA, USA)
IDT I Don't Think
IDT Identity Theft
IDT Interrupt Descriptor Table
IDT Integrated DNA Technologies
IDT Inactive Duty Training
IDT Instructional Design & Technology Corporation (NYSE NYSE
See: New York Stock Exchange : IDT, IDT.C) and Total (NYSE: TOT).
The Board is chaired by Dr. Larry W. Lake. Dr. Lake is a professor at, and the former Chairman of, the Petroleum and Geosystems Engineering department at the Cockrell School of Engineering The Cockrell School of Engineering at The University of Texas at Austin (formerly known as the College of Engineering) has more than 7,100 students enrolled in nine undergraduate degrees and seventeen graduate programs. , University of Texas at Austin “University of Texas” redirects here. For other system schools, see University of Texas System.
The University of Texas at Austin (often referred to as The University of Texas, UT Austin, UT, or Texas .
Other members of AMSO's Technical Advisory Board announced today are:
* Professor Cedric Briens: Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of Western Ontario Western is one of Canada's leading universities, ranked #1 in the Globe and Mail University Report Card 2005 for overall quality of education. It ranked #3 among medical-doctoral level universities according to Maclean's Magazine 2005 University Rankings. ;
* Professor Alan R. Carroll: Department of Geology and Geophysics at the University of Wisconsin at Madison;
* Dr. S. Julio Friedmann: Carbon Management Program Leader, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory: see Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
(body) Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory - (LLNL) A research organaisatin operated by the University of California under a contract with the US Department of Energy. ;
* Dr. Paul Hommert, Ph.D.: Executive Vice President and Deputy Laboratories Director for the Nuclear Weapons Program, Sandia National Laboratories Sandia National Laboratories, which is managed and operated by the Sandia Corporation (a wholly owned subsidiary of Lockheed Martin Corporation), is a major United States Department of Energy research and development national laboratory with two locations, one in Albuquerque, New ;
* Professor James R. Rice, Ph.D.: Mallinckrodt Professor of Engineering Sciences and Geophysics, Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences and School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Harvard University;
* Professor M. Nafi Toksoz, Ph.D.: Professor of Geophysics at the Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Massachusetts Institute of Technology, at Cambridge; coeducational; chartered 1861, opened 1865 in Boston, moved 1916. It has long been recognized as an outstanding technological institute and its Sloan School of Management has notable programs in business, (MIT MIT - Massachusetts Institute of Technology ).
"Each member of AMSO's Technical Advisory Board is a leader in his chosen field, and we are delighted by their participation in this effort," said Claude Pupkin, President of AMSO. "The Board will consult with and counsel our in-house technical team as we tackle the crucial environmental and technical challenges of oil shale development including the development of carbon sequestration and groundwater conservation technologies."
"Oil shale is one of the world's greatest untapped energy resources," said Howard Jonas, Chairman of AMSO and IDT Corporation. "We are able to bring some of the brightest minds in the country to work on this effort because they understand both the strategic importance of the resource as well as the necessity to develop oil shale utilizing environmentally appropriate technologies."
American Shale Oil, LLC (AMSO), (www.amso.net) is a 50/50 joint venture of IDT Corporation (NYSE: IDT, IDT.C) and Total (NYSE: TOT). AMSO holds one of the five U.S. Bureau of Land Management oil shale research, development and demonstration leases on government-owned lands in the Piceance Basin in northwest Colorado.
AMSO's mission is to develop its proprietary technology into a commercially viable and environmentally sound method of producing commercial quantities of shale oil by using in-situ extraction processes.
Total is one of the world's major oil and gas groups, with activities in more than 130 countries. Its 96,000 employees put their expertise to work in every part of the industry - exploration and production of oil and natural gas, refining and marketing, gas & power and trading. Total is working to keep the world supplied with energy, both today and tomorrow. The Group is also a leading player in chemicals.
Total's Research and Development Department constantly seeks to innovate in all processes that are linked to energy. Research is focused on four areas: knowledge of energies to optimize their development, reliability and energy efficiency of operations, product competitiveness and mastering environmental challenges. In 2008, Total invested one billion dollars in Research and Development, and employed more than 4,000 researchers working in 22 research centres worldwide. Total has also created over 600 partnerships with research organizations, universities and large industrial groups
About IDT Corporation:
IDT Corporation (www.idt.net) is a multinational holding company focused on the telecommunications and energy industries. IDT Corporation's Class B Common Stock and Common Stock trade on the New York Stock Exchange New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)
World's largest marketplace for securities. The exchange began as an informal meeting of 24 men in 1792 on what is now Wall Street in New York City. under the ticker symbols IDT and IDT.C, respectively.
In this press release, all statements that are not purely about historical facts, including, but not limited to, those with the words "believe," "anticipate," "expect," "plan," "intend," "estimate," "target" and similar expressions, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 (PSLRA) implemented several significant substantive changes affecting certain cases brought under the federal securities laws, including changes related to pleading, discovery, liability, class representation and awards fees and of 1995. All forward-looking statements and risk factors included in this document are made as of the date hereof, based on information available to IDT as of the date thereof, and IDT assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements or risk factors.