AICPA partners with Postini to provide anti-spam service to members.
As part of its continuing efforts to help CPAs gain better control of their Internet technologies, the AICPA AICPA
See American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). Information Technology team reviewed a number of anti-Spam solutions that could be utilized by the general membership. The Institute has selected its own Spam software provider, Postini Inc., to offer this service through a special promotion.
According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. Tom Nolan Thomas (Tom) Nolan (27th July 1921 – 17th August 1992) is a former Irish Fianna Fáil politician.
Tom Nolan was born in Cappawater, Myshall, County Carlow in 1921. , Director of Information Technology at the AICPA, "We have found that more than 90% of the Spare and all of the known viruses have been eliminated by Postini before ever getting to the AICPA's network." In fact, the service has proven so valuable that the Institute worked with Postini to share it with our members.
The service helps members ensure email intrusion prevention See IPS and IDS. , Spam and virus filtering, enforce e-mail policy compliance and enhance e-mail management capabilities. Unlike any anti-Spam software or appliance product, Postini's patented preEMPT pre·empt or pre-empt
v. pre·empt·ed, pre·empt·ing, pre·empts
1. To appropriate, seize, or take for oneself before others. See Synonyms at appropriate.
a. [TM] technology stops Spare and viruses before they can reach your internal network.
By joining with the AICPA and implementing the Postini-managed e-mail protection service, you:
* Effectively eliminate Spam and viruses as well as DoS (Denial of Service A condition in which a system can no longer respond to normal requests. See denial of service attack. ) attacks and DHA DHA docosahexaenoic acid.
n.pr See acid, docosahexaenoic. (Directory Harvest Attacks).
* Reduce the cost and complexity of your e-mail infrastructure.
* Relieve administrative burdens on your IT staff.
The AICPA is working with Postini, in conjunction with participating Postini Affiliate resellers, to offer AICPA members a special package offering. The goal of the program is to offer members discounts as well as access to special documentation to ensure fast and productive deployment. Because Postini is a service, there is no product to buy, ship or install. Postini's participating partners can have you up and running quickly.
This special promotion is being offered now through Dec. 31, 2005. It offers a discount of 10% off list price for Postini services, as well as an Executive Guide to email security and a free 14-day trial of the Postini service. Any member organization, of any size, that has e-mail addresses associated with their own domain name (i.e., email@example.com) can take advantage of the Postini service. If your e-mail address is through an ISP (1) See in-system programmable.
(2) (Internet Service Provider) An organization that provides access to the Internet. Connection to the user is provided via dial-up, ISDN, cable, DSL and T1/T3 lines. (i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org), you likely cannot take advantage of this offer.
To participate in the program, simply visit www.postini.com/aicpa and input your information on the form. To take advantage of the promotional offer you must:
* Select "AICPA Promotion" from the drop-down box, "How Did You Hear About Us?"
* Enter your AICPA member number or your firm number. Postini will then ensure that one of its participating reseller partners contacts you.