AICPA, Missouri announce five winners of "Women to Watch" Award.
Five female CPAs from Missouri are recipients of the "Women to Watch" Award, presented by the AICPA's Work/Life and Women's Initiatives Executive Committee and the Missouri Society of CPAs, and sponsored by Accountemps and Robert Half Finance & Accounting.
The program, which is in its second year, highlights the accomplishments of women in the CPA (Computer Press Association, Landing, NJ) An earlier membership organization founded in 1983 that promoted excellence in computer journalism. Its annual awards honored outstanding examples in print, broadcast and electronic media. The CPA disbanded in 2000. profession. There are two categories of awards: Experienced Leaders, given to more established members of the profession; and Emerging Leaders, for new professionals. An additional set of winners from Illinois and New Mexico New Mexico, state in the SW United States. At its northwestern corner are the so-called Four Corners, where Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, and Utah meet at right angles; New Mexico is also bordered by Oklahoma (NE), Texas (E, S), and Mexico (S). will be announced later this year.
"These Missouri winners have excelled in their professional endeavors and are outstanding role models for all women in the accounting profession," said Linda Bergen, chair of the AICPA AICPA
See American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). Work/Life and Women's Initiatives Executive Committee.
The following are the 2006 Missouri "Women to Watch":
* Darlene M. Davis, principal, Davis Associates CPA, Florissant
* Diann Gross, partner/officer, Ernst & Young LLP LLP - Lower Layer Protocol , St. Louis
* Tina Klocke, chief financial bear, treasurer and secretary, Build-A-Bear Workshop Build-A-Bear Workshop (NYSE: BBW) is an American retailer that sells customizable teddy bears and other stuffed animals. Build-A-Bear is the largest of the create-your-own animal chains with the other companies in the business consisting of regional and/or locally-owned , Inc., St. Louis
* Constance L. Ochs, director of business valuation, fraud and litigation An action brought in court to enforce a particular right. The act or process of bringing a lawsuit in and of itself; a judicial contest; any dispute.
When a person begins a civil lawsuit, the person enters into a process called litigation. services, RSM McGladrey, Inc., St. Louis
* Jamie C. Jabouri, audit manager, Schowalter & Jabouri, PC, St. Louis The Missouri "Women to Watch" were honored on Aug. 28 at the Missouri Society's Women's Retreat in St. Louis. The awards were presented by AICPA Chair Leslie A. Murphy.
Accountemps and Robert Hal f Finance & Accounting, divisions of Robert Half International Robert Half International is a staffing firm, and a member of the S&P 500. External links
For information about the individual award winners, visit the Missouri Society of CPAs' Web site, www.mocpa.org. For information on AICPA programs, visit: