ADA-ES Contract Award and Update.LITTLETON, Colo. -- ADA-ES, Inc. (NASDAQ NASDAQ
in full National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations
U.S. market for over-the-counter securities. Established in 1971 by the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD), NASDAQ is an automated quotation system that reports on : ADES (language) ADES - An early system on the IBM 704.
Version: ADES II.
[Listed in CACM 2(5):16 (May 1959)]. ) today announced that it has been awarded a contract to supply an Activated Carbon Injection ("ACI ACI American Concrete Institute
ACI Arch Coal Inc
ACI Airports Council International (formerly Airport Associations Coordinating Council)
ACI Automobile Club d'Italia
ACI American Competitiveness Initiative ") system for an existing coal-fired generating unit located in the Midwestern United States. This generating unit produces 600 gross megawatts of electricity and utilizes low sulfur Powder River Basin The Powder River Basin is a region in southeast Montana and northeast Wyoming about 120 miles east to west and 200 miles north to south known for its coal deposits. It is both a topographic drainage and geologic structural basin. (PRB PRB Pharmaceutical Resources Branch ) coal from Wyoming. ADA-ES expects to deliver this system by the end of the second quarter of 2010, with startup anticipated in the third quarter.
Michael Durham, President & CEO (1) (Chief Executive Officer) The highest individual in command of an organization. Typically the president of the company, the CEO reports to the Chairman of the Board. of ADA-ES, commented, "This contract is with a power company that has purchased our ACI systems in the past. The current markets for our mercury control systems and powdered activated carbon sorbents are being driven by regulations in 16 states, new power plants being constructed, and regulations in several Canadian provinces. Once the equipment is up and running, it will need a continuous supply of activated carbon ("AC") to control mercury emissions."
The Company is also providing the following updates:
* The Norit trial, which was originally scheduled for September 21st, was rescheduled by the Court to commence on October 19th in order to allow the Court to consider a multitude of pending pretrial pre·tri·al
A proceeding held before an official trial, especially to clarify points of law and facts.
1. Of or relating to a pretrial.
2. motions filed by the parties.
* The Company has been notified by the Department of Energy (DOE) that because its carbon dioxide carbon dioxide, chemical compound, CO2, a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas that is about one and one-half times as dense as air under ordinary conditions of temperature and pressure. capture technology is still under development and not yet commercial, it did not qualify for funding through the current solicitation. ADA Ada, city, United States
Ada (ā`ə), city (1990 pop. 15,820), seat of Pontotoc co., S central Okla.; inc. 1904. It is a large cattle market and the center of a rich oil and ranch area. expects additional DOE funding opportunities during the next 6-12 months that could be more appropriate for its solid-sorbent based technology for carbon dioxide capture.
* Related to the Company's CyClean joint venture with NexGen, the Company has learned from the IRS An abbreviation for the Internal Revenue Service, a federal agency charged with the responsibility of administering and enforcing internal revenue laws. that it is continuing to develop guidance on specific details to demonstrate qualification for the Section 45 tax credits. Their publicly announced schedules for the guidance have passed, and the IRS has not provided any expectations on when it intends to release information on this topic. While negotiations with interested customers for CyClean continue in earnest, prolonged delays on the release of IRS guidance may limit the number of potential qualifying systems that can be placed in service before year-end. Once guidance is released, it will be available on the IRS website.
ADA-ES is a leader in clean coal technology and the associated specialty chemicals. The Company develops and implements proprietary environmental technology and specialty chemicals that enable coal-fueled power plants to enhance existing air pollution control equipment, maximize capacity and improve operating efficiencies. Through its largest and fastest-growing segment, Mercury Emission Control, ADA-ES supplies activated carbon injection systems, mercury measurement instrumentation, and related services. To meet the needs of the power industry for mercury control, a joint venture of the Company is developing state-of-the-art facilities to produce AC with the first plant (the "AC Facility") projected to come on-line in 2010. Additionally, the Company is developing technologies for power plants to address issues related to the emissions of carbon dioxide.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, which provides a "safe harbor Safe Harbor
1. A legal provision to reduce or eliminate liability as long as good faith is demonstrated.
2. A form of shark repellent implemented by a target company acquiring a business that is so poorly regulated that the target itself is less attractive. " for such statements in certain circumstances. The forward-looking statements included in this release include statements regarding the expected delivery and startup dates of the ACI system and its need for AC, DOE funding opportunities for carbon dioxide capture technology, impact of delays in IRS guidance for the Section 45 tax credits and timing of commencement of operations at the AC Facility. These statements are based on current expectations, estimates, projections, beliefs and assumptions of our management. Such statements involve significant risks and uncertainties. Actual events or results could differ materially from those discussed in the forward-looking statements as a result of various factors, including but not limited to, government funding for our business; changes in laws and regulations, prices, economic conditions and market demand; impact of competition; decreases in the use of coal for electricity; results of demonstrations of our technology; operational difficulties; availability of raw materials and equipment; loss of key personnel; availability of skilled personnel; failure to satisfy performance guaranties; and risks related to the AC Facility, including changes in the costs and timing of construction; failure to raise additional equity financing Equity Financing
The act of raising money for company activities by selling common or preferred stock to individual or institutional investors. In return for the money paid, shareholders receive ownership interests in the corporation. or satisfy conditions in our equity financing agreements for the AC Facility; inability to sign or close acceptable debt financing Debt Financing
When a firm raises money for working capital or capital expenditures by selling bonds, bills, or notes to individual and/or institutional investors. In return for lending the money, the individuals or institutions become creditors and receive a promise to repay , coal supply or off-take agreements with respect to the AC Facility in a timely manner; and impact of litigation An action brought in court to enforce a particular right. The act or process of bringing a lawsuit in and of itself; a judicial contest; any dispute.
When a person begins a civil lawsuit, the person enters into a process called litigation. ; and other factors discussed in greater detail in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). You are cautioned not to place undue reliance on our forward-looking statements and to consult filings we make with the SEC for additional risks and uncertainties that may apply to our business and the ownership of our securities. Our forward-looking statements are presented as of the date made, and we disclaim any duty to update such statements unless required by law to do so.