ABO remains industry's most important advocacy group.
ABO develops and maintains effective communication and networking between the real estate industry and local, state, and federal governments on issues that affect building, managing, and operating real estate in New York City.
Events that are sponsored by the ABO include breakfast and luncheon meetings, educational programs and seminars, trade shows and an annual dinner dance. These programs offer members unique forums for exchanging information, ideas and experience, as well as opportunities to forge long-lasting professional and personal relationships.
* Monthly Luncheon Series. ABO's monthly luncheon meetings are the most effective way to bring the membership together -- owners, builders and associates -- to learn from the most experienced industry experts as well as elected and public officials about the latest proven strategies for building, owning, managing and operating real estate in New York City. Recent speakers have included Kathryn Wylde, president of New York City Partnership and the Chamber of Commerce (NYCP), Lois Weiss, real estate reporter for the New York Post, and Maureen O. Helmer, chair of the New York State Public Service Commission.
* Management. ABO has established the highest standard of management education available through the New York City Chapter of Registered in Apartment Management (RAM). This nationally recognized and sanctioned program provides essential training to property management professionals, one of New York City's most demanding and necessary professions.
* Special Seminars and Programs. ABO remains responsive to the information needs of its member by developing a comprehensive series of seminars designed to provide up-to-date education on the most significant issues facing the real estate industry.
* The ABO Buildings/NY Every year, ABO hosts the largest real estate trade show on the East Coast, and one of the largest in the nation. Fernando Ferrer, Mark Green, Alan Hevesi and Peter Vallone, Democratic Mayoral candidates, all attended the 2001 Buildings/NY Show and took part in a Mayoral Forum, moderated by Marcia Kramer, the Chief Investigative Reporter at CBS.
ABO initiatives provide value to its members. Through lobbying, organization, and money-saving programs, ABO ensures that its members are the best positioned in the real estate industry.
* Legislative Initiatives. ABO continues to voice its view on industry issues at every level of government. By testifying at crucial legislative hearings and lobbying elected officials ensures that ABO makes its position heard.
* Law Committee. One of our greatest assets, the Law Committee reviews all pending legislation and issues position papers. Through our Albany arm, the New York State Builders Association, we monitor state legislative activity. By attending meetings with top state officials, submitting written positions on pending legislation and lobbying for the causes we espouse, we effectively represent our industry.
* NAHB. United with 185,000 active members of the National Association of Home Builders, ABO members are assured of their impact on federal issues including tax reform, budget deficits and policy-making. The tremendous resources of the Washington-based NAHB are also available to ABO members, as are effective political action committees (PACs) at the Federal, State and local levels.
* Special Committees. ABO's Financial Services, Education and Membership Committees are dedicated to presenting important information to members in an organized and cogent manner.
For over 90 years, ABO has been the premier real estate advocacy group in New York City. Though it's networking events, educational workshops, and legislative activities, the ABO has nurtured and defended the interests of the real estate industry. For more information on joining this distinguished organization, call the ABO at 385-4949.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Real Estate Weekly|
|Article Type:||Brief Article|
|Date:||Jul 25, 2001|
|Previous Article:||Building Congress helps members meet challenge of success.|
|Next Article:||IREM represents the pinnacle of real estate management.|