A little R&R--very little.Vacation VACATION. That period of time between the end of one term and beginning of another. During vacation, rules and orders are made in such cases as are urgent, by a judge at his chambers. : an experience most working people look forward to every year. A chance to get away from the rigors and responsibilities of the office, these little respites guarantee at least a few days of rest and relaxation re·lax·a·tion
1. The act of relaxing or the state of being relaxed.
2. Refreshment of body or mind.
3. A loosening or slackening.
4. The lengthening of inactive muscle or muscle fibers. . Or do they?
A survey by Management Recruiters International Inc., the world's largest search and recruitment organization, shows that for most executives--a mind-boggling mind-bog·gling
Intellectually or emotionally overwhelming: "a mind-boggling bazaar of competing manufacturers and overlapping technologies" William D. Marbach. 82%--vacations are for work, not play. Of this number, 28% said they also kept in touch with the office by phone, 13% by e-mail and 13% shortened short·en
v. short·ened, short·en·ing, short·ens
1. To make short or shorter.
2. their vacations because of work.