Printer Friendly

A happy update: Nancy Kosobucki--metastasized breast cancer.

We wrote up Nancy's story after she started the Gerson Therapy in Mexico in our Newsletter, Vol. 22 #4, Jul./Aug. 2007. For our new friends and subscribers, we will repeat the basic story.

Nancy Kosobucki had a lumpectomy in 1999 after a 'suspicious area' in her mammogram had doubled in size. The biopsy showed a malignancy, but the surgeon obtained 'clean' margins and felt that she need not take chemotherapy. Nevertheless, he suggested radiation which Nancy refused.


Meantime, she conceived but lost her baby at about four months. Another mammogram in 2000 showed a recurrence in her right breast. She consulted a naturopath, followed her suggestions for some natural treatments and felt comfortable with those. She assumed that she was getting better. Unfortunately, the naturopath was killed in an automobile accident--and Nancy was unsure as to what to do next. So she did nothing.

In 2003, she noticed a ring-shaped redness around the nipple of her right breast and had a CAT scan and an MRI. These showed that she had an invasive, inflammatory breast cancer that had invaded her pectoral muscles, her vertebrae and both femurs (leg bones) causing pain walking. She also had nodules in both lungs, the largest one measuring 2 cm. Nancy was told that she would be dead in six months and only chemo could prolong her life. She still felt that with the right treatment, her body would be able to heal itself and refused chemo.

By November of 2006, she started to have back pain and soon she was unable to stand up straight. She was sent to a doctor who gave her muscle relaxants. These gave her no relief. By December, the pain had become severe and on Jan, 3, 2007 she had a new CAT scan and bone scan. These showed that three vertebrae, her lungs and shoulder had also been invaded.

Nancy had worked as a massage therapist. Fortunately, a client of hers was familiar with the Gerson Therapy, and some time earlier had given Nancy a brochure with information about the treatment. She had paid no attention to it and put it away. However, when her pain became unbearable, she remembered that she had some information, looked for it and found it. At that point, she took it seriously and decided to try the Gerson Therapy.

When she arrived on January 31, 2007 she was in extreme pain. Attempting to take the worst edge off her suffering, she was on a morphine patch. She was told that it was to be renewed every 72 hours. That was not nearly enough to help her bear the pain and she was also prescribed hydro-codeine (500mg tablets) to take 'as needed'. She was taking three to four of those tablets on top of the morphine. This heavy medication only took the edge off her pain.

Then came the amazing news: On the full intensive Gerson Therapy, Nancy was free of all drugs and entirely free of pain in exactly one week. She was able to walk on the hospital grounds. The doctors, nurse and frankly myself found this difficult to believe. Most of our patients get pain relief very promptly--but few are on such heavy drugs, have such severe pain and bone lesions and respond that rapidly.

Nancy had only just started on the treatment, was by far not cured; she had many healing reactions, occasional low back pains, some prickling, some migraines and other discomforts. During those healing reactions, she no longer needed morphine or codeine but still used some drugs for pain relief. Back home, her own doctor was impressed about her dramatic pain relief on the Therapy. He took her blood and urine for analysis and had to admit that "all is normal." Nancy also lost 42 pounds which she urgently needed to lose

As she prepared to leave her doctor's office, he urged her to stop at a McDonalds on her way home and have "... a strawberry or chocolate milk shake in order to bulk up," since, after all, she was fighting for her life! He even suggested that she continue to take Vicodan for pain (minimal at this point) and assured her that it "would do no harm to your body nor affect your cancer in any way." Nancy didn't follow his advice or either of his suggestions.

Then, on my birthday, at the end of March 2008, I received a card from Nancy with the following note enclosed: "I can say without hesitation that I am a different person now than when I was in Mexico just 14 months ago. My body has gone through many healing reactions, some lasting several months (!). Cell-by-cell I am transformed. My habits have changed most dramatically.

"I have enclosed a recent photo (January '08). I have lost 75 pounds. My energy increases daily. I am forever grateful ..."

Nancy's photo shows how wonderful she now looks, having regained an almost girlish figure.

I hope and trust that this story is a great inspiration for patients suffering from extreme pain and widespread metastases [spreading] of their cancer.

At 14 months, Nancy is not cured. With the extreme damage to her bones, she will have to stay with the strict Therapy for at least another 10 months. However, bones heal more slowly than other tissues and it may take longer. At this point, another few months will not bother her!--CG.

Last report: March 27, 2008
COPYRIGHT 2008 The Gerson Institute
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2008 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

 Reader Opinion




Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Author:Gerson, Charlotte
Publication:Gerson Healing Newsletter
Article Type:Case study
Geographic Code:1USA
Date:May 1, 2008
Previous Article:Norway becomes first country to ban amalgam fillings.
Next Article:ADA promoted, held patents on mercury amalgam fillings.

Terms of use | Copyright © 2015 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters