599th Transportation Group Multi-Modal Training Workshop: top Asia-Pacific transporters receive Quality Awards.
Eight transportation partners received the 599th Transportation Group's Transportation Excellence Award at the organization's annual Traffic Management Training Workshop in Honolulu, Hawaii For the city and county of Honolulu, see City & County of Honolulu.
“Honolulu” redirects here. For other uses, see Honolulu (disambiguation).
Honolulu is the capital as well as the most populous community of the State of Hawaii, United States. .
The military and commercial industry recipients received praises from Col. Peter Gitto, 599th commander, Wheeler Army Airfield Wheeler Army Airfield (IATA: HHI, ICAO: PHHI), formerly Wheeler Air Force Base, is a United States Army post located in the City & County of Honolulu and in the Wahiawa District of the Island of O'ahu, Hawaii. It is a National Historic Landmark. , Hawaii, for excellence in traffic management in the Department of Defense Transportation System.
"The ability for the 599th to achieve its goal of providing quality service to our customers through the timely movement of cargo in the Asia-Pacific region and worldwide would not be possible without the support of our military and industry partners," said Gitto.
The Transportation Excellence Awards were presented recently at the 2002 U.S. Pacific Command, 599th Transportation Group Multi-Modal Traffic Management Training Workshop, at the Renaissance Ilikai Hotel in Waikiki.
The list of awardees and their achievements follow:
* Chief Petty Officer Alejandro D. Batangan, Navy Fleet and Industrial Supply Center, Pearl Harbor Pearl Harbor, land-locked harbor, on the southern coast of Oahu island, Hawaii, W of Honolulu; one of the largest and best natural harbors in the E Pacific Ocean. In the vicinity are many U.S. military installations, including the chief U.S. , Hawaii--Selected for his diligent dil·i·gent
Marked by persevering, painstaking effort. See Synonyms at busy.
[Middle English, from Old French, from Latin d and customer-focused efforts in implementing a Transportation Priority 4 air shipment of household goods. This initiative resulted in a four-week reduction of shipping time for members relocating from Hawaii to the mainland.
* Tech. Sgt. Timothy Byrnes, Pacific Air Force's Regional Supply Squadron, Hickam Air Force Base For the civil airport use of this facility, see Honolulu International Airport
Hickam Air Force Base is a United States Air Force base located in the City and County of Honolulu on the island of O'ahu, Hawai'i. , Hawaii--Demonstrated outstanding supervisory and management skills that were instrumental in developing a cohesive cohesive,
n the capability to cohere or stick together to form a mass. team of professionals who provided five-star travel support to all Department of Defense customers throughout Japan.
* Mary L. Lewis, 51st Transportation Squadron, Osan Air Base Osan Air Base (K-55), is a United States Air Force facility located 4.7 mi SW of Osan-Ni, 40 mi S of Seoul, South Korea. The base is the home of the Pacific Air Forces 51st Fighter Wing, and a number of tenant units, including the headquarters for Seventh Air Force. , Korea--Consistently maintained a 99.9 percent customer satisfaction rating. Ms. Lewis established and implemented Korea's first ever, centrally billed account for payment of official travel.
* Tech. Sgt. Paul S. Raymond, Pacific Air Force's Regional Supply Squadron, Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii--Superbly coordinated high-priority movements involving various Department of Defense agencies, resulting in 100 percent mandatory compliance.
* Il Ky Rim, American President Lines American President Lines Ltd. (now simply referred to as APL) is the world's sixth largest container transportation and shipping company, providing services to more than 140 countries through a network combining intermodal freight transport operations with IT and e-commerce. , Korea--Provided dynamic transportation solutions that directly improved the ability of the combined United States United States, officially United States of America, republic (2005 est. pop. 295,734,000), 3,539,227 sq mi (9,166,598 sq km), North America. The United States is the world's third largest country in population and the fourth largest country in area. and Republic of Korea forces to deter aggression on the Korean peninsula.
* John Rushalk, American President Lines, Okinawa--Coordinated the expeditious ex·pe·di·tious
Acting or done with speed and efficiency. See Synonyms at fast1.
ex movement of Strategic Distribution Management Initiative containers to customers in Okinawa, Japan. His efforts ensured that the customer wait time goal of two-day seaport of debarkation, or SPOD, hold time was consistently met. This required discharging cargo directly to the consignee consignee n. a person or business holding another's goods for sale or for delivery to a designated agent. (See: consign)
CONSIGNEE, contracts. One to whom a consignment is made.
2. each Friday, on the same day that the vessel arrived in port.
* Sharp Travel Services, 51st Transportation Squadron, Osan Air Base, Korea--Provided outstanding travel services to Department of Defense personnel throughout the Republic of Korea. The outstanding dedication and professionalism of the organization's team players contributed significantly to the successful mission accomplishment of the 51st Transportation Squadron, Osan Air Base.
* George R. White, 10th Area Support Group's Transportation Division, Okinawa--Selected for dynamic leadership in managing and directing personal property, passenger and freight movements and non-tactical vehicle administrative transportation services. These initiatives resulted in "commendable" ratings from every Commander's inspection during his tenure.
Award recipients agreed that effective partnerships between industries and military agencies were critical to providing quality customer service.
"Effective communication and teamwork are key to our ongoing success," said Rushalk, recipient of one of the prestigious awards.
Command Affairs Officer
599th Transportation Group