5 Creative Ways to Find Work in a Tough Economy.Finding work in the current economic climate can be challenging, whether you are entry-level, or quite experienced in the workforce. It is an absolute must to think outside of the box in order to succeed in a job search. These five creative ways can help almost anyone find work in a tough economy.
* Volunteer Working for free may seem counter-intuitive; however, volunteering can oftentimes of·ten·times also oft·times
Adv. 1. oftentimes - many times at short intervals; "we often met over a cup of coffee"
frequently, oft, often, ofttimes help you get a foot in the door. When a position becomes open, you will be a known and trusted entity versus merely one unknown name in a sea of resumes.
* Telecommute See telecommuting. Just because you can't find work locally doesn't mean that you can't telecommute. Alexandria, Virginia-headquartered VIPdesk, works with people located nation-wide. According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. VIPdesk CEO (1) (Chief Executive Officer) The highest individual in command of an organization. Typically the president of the company, the CEO reports to the Chairman of the Board. Mary Naylor, "Over 60% of VIPdesk's corporate staff telecommutes--from as far away as Hawaii! We are always recruiting talented customer service and sales representatives across the U.S., as we have learned that working with a disparate workforce allows us to recruit the best of the best in the industry."
* Sell yourself--online and off Position yourself as an expert! Be more than just a resume--utilize your LinkedIn and Facebook networks to show off your skills. Become a go-to resource on Twitter A Web site and service that lets users send short text messages from their cellphones to a group of friends. Launched in 2006, Twitter (www.twitter.com) was designed for people to broadcast their current activities and thoughts. for industry news and observations. Start a blog, showcasing your knowledge, expertise, and insight. If an employer has the option to hire just another candidate or a known expert, who do you think they are going to add to their team?
* Start a new career This could be the time to start doing what you always wanted to do but were always afraid to try. What is your undiscovered passion? Is there a career field that has always intrigued you? The time is right to pursue your passions and change careers.
* Don't just apply for advertised jobs If there is a company that you have always wanted to work for, don't discount them just because you don't see any advertised job openings. Check out their website, as there could be positions listed on their Website that aren't advertised elsewhere. Network with industry organizations, and let your professional and personal networks know that you are looking for Looking for
In the context of general equities, this describing a buy interest in which a dealer is asked to offer stock, often involving a capital commitment. Antithesis of in touch with. a job and what kind. They may know of an unadvertised un·ad·ver·tised
Not having been advertised to the public: unadvertised sale merchandise. (or soon to be open) position that is perfect for you.