3rd Annual EduComm Conference at infoComm06: the one conference that connects education with audiovisual and information technology.
Opening keynote by Steve Wozniak--Silicon Valley icon, Co-Founder, Apple Computer and champion of education technology.
* 60+ sessions by expert educators and industry leaders
* Dynamic sessions, panels, workshops and case studies covered in detail you won't find anywhere else
* Networking events where you'll join thousands of your colleagues and peers
* FREE access to the InfoComm exhibit hall--the world's largest AV communications and presentation technologies trade show with more than 750 exhibitors
And so much more!
Two opportunities for one low price
Co-located with InfoComm 2006, the world's largest AV communications and presentation technologies trade show, your EduComm Conference fee includes two-and-a-half days of conference sessions, plus FREE access to the entire InfoComm exhibit hall. With hundreds of exhibits, you can talk directly with manufacturers and get "hands-on" with thousands of the latest products and solutions. It's an exceptional opportunity to take what you learn in the EduComm Conference sessions and immediately see and experience real-world applications on the exhibit floor.
The InfoComm 2006 exhibition features the latest in information technologies and audiovisual communications from more than 750 manufacturers. This year, the EduComm Pavilion on the exhibit floor will feature "Tomorrow's Classroom Today," an extensive display of products, services and technologies that are making a powerful impact--now and into the future--in classrooms everywhere. Sponsored by Dell, Extron, Smart Technologies and SonicFoundry, you can focus on the solutions that best meet your campus or school district's needs.
Also look for this EduComm logo to indicate InfoComm exhibitors with products and services targeted to the education market.
Bring your team!
Register two attendees and bring a third colleague FREE.
The EduComm Conference provides a wealth of information designed to help you bring the benefits of the convergence of AV, IT and multimedia to your campus or school district.
Sessions are specifically targeted to meet the needs of both executive leaders and the IT and computing staff responsible for implementing the new technologies in schools and classrooms.
You'll get the most out of the EduComm Conference if you bring your executive management and technology team members. Sessions cover both strategic and tactical issues, allowing you to get a well-rounded vision of the best ways to implement--and benefit from--these new technologies on your campus or school district. To encourage team attendance, we're offering a special group discount rate: If you pay for two attendees, you can bring a third for FREE. See the registration form for details. Inquire about discounts for larger groups.
Silicon Valley Icon Steve Wozniak to Keynote at EduComm 2006!
Join us on Wednesday, June 7 from 9:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m. for a chance to ask Steve Wozniak a question and hear his expert words of wisdom in a keynote session that kicks off EduComm '06! The keynote will take place in the Linda Chapin Theatre located in the Orange Country Convention Center, 3rd floor and is open to all registered EduComm attendees!
Steve Wozniak Founder, Chairman and CEO, Wheels of Zeus Co-Founder, Apple Computer
A Silicon Valley icon and philanthropist for the past three decades, Steve Wozniak, Founder, Chairman and CEO of Wheels of Zeus (wOz), helped shape the computing industry with his design of Apple's first line of products, the Apple I and II, and influenced the popular Macintosh. For his achievements at Apple Computer, Steve was awarded the National Medal of Technology by the President of the United States in 1985, the highest honor bestowed on America's leading innovators.
In 2000 Steve was inducted into the Inventors Hall of Fame and was awarded the prestigious Heinz Award for Technology, The Economy and Employment for "single-handedly designing the first personal computer and for then redirecting his lifelong passion for mathematics and electronics toward lighting the fires of excitement for education in grade school students and their teachers."
Making significant investments of both his time and resources in education, Wozniak "adopted" the Los Gatos School District, providing students and teachers with hands-on teaching and donations of state-of-the-art technology equipment.
Steve is currently a member of the board of directors for Jacent, a developer of cost-effective telephony solutions, and Danger, Inc., developer of an end-to-end wireless Internet platform.
EduComm 2006 K-12 Conference Sessions
* Blogs: The Next Generation
* RSS: Connecting Ideas and Knowledge
* Integrating Tech Tools with Management
* Digital Learning Spaces 2010
* Using Technology to Help Special Ed Students
* Introducing Technology to New Teachers
* Technology Working in Harmony
* Closing the Gap with Distance Learning
* Effective Online Meetings
* Successful Implementation of Video into the K-12
* Is Your District Primed for a Virtual School?
* A Joyful Noise--Digital Audio Across the Curriculum
* Building a Technology Sustainability Model
* Preventing Your 1:1 Dreams from Becoming Nightmares
* The 21st Century A/V Club
* Part 1 and Part 2: 5th World: 21st Century Science, Technology, Education and Workforce
* An Educator's Guide to iLife '06
* Virtual Learning Trends That Will Impact YOU
* Interactivity, streaming Video, and Podcasts
* A Foundation for Success in Technology Integration
* Beyond PowerPoint
* Developing a Sustainable Classroom Model with Document Cameras
* Technology and Art
* Multimedia Classroom--Interactive Teaching Tools
* Technology and Literacy
* Getting Everyone to Buy In
* Going Digital on a District Scale--TODAY!
EduComm 2006 Higher Education Conference Sessions
* Classroom Technologies in Big Ten Universities
* The Best of Both Worlds
* The Real Mobile Campus
* "That was on the Syllabus?" Using Media to Enrich Course Documents
* Faculty Development with Few Dollars
* Faculty Development at Virginia Tech: A Case Study
* Clickers in the Classroom
* Meeting Student Needs through Open Source Software
* The Art of the Asynchronous Seminar
* Put your classroom online: The role of content-capture in the classroom of the future
* Lessons Learned from Classroom Renovations and Wireless Deployment
* Unused Technology is Useless Technology
* AV Asset Management Made Easy
* The iPod: A Pocket Full of Learning in an iCommunity
* Convergence--Multiple Perspectives: Faculty, Student, and Institution
* Experiences in Integrating Multimedia and Distance Ed Technologies in Classrooms
* Automated Classroom Videostreaming Pilot Program at the U of Minnesota
* Planning, buying and integrating interactive classroom technologies for maximum faculty utilization and benefit
* Converting from Point-to Point Distance Education Transmission to IP-based Distance Education Distribution.
* Comprehensive Technology Infrastructure for Any Campus
* Moodle Does Multimedia
* CMS Comparison: Moodle, Blackboard and More
* Two-Way Television Meets Multimedia
* University--Industry Partnership
* INF (It'll Never Fly) Collaborative: The First 6 Months
* TUCapture: Rise of an Academic Capture System
* Development and Implementation of a Master Online Educator Certificate Program
* Effective Implementation of Digital Signage in Higher Education
* The Academic Library--Positioning for the Next Revolution
* From Trial Technology to Student Success: Rich Media Lectures as Critical Learning Platform
* How to Use Online Technology to Teach Mathematics
* Interactive Whiteboards, WebCT and Distance Education (DE) Course Delivery.
* Technology Enhanced Classrooms
* Learning Objects: An Introduction
* Virtual Microscopy: A New Way of Looking at Things
The most efficient way to make your hotel and travel reservations is to visit the travel section of the official EduComm website at http://www.EduCommConference.com
Total Travel is the official travel agency for EduComm @InfoComm 2006 for your airline and car rental needs. Discounted rates on various airlines to/from Orlando and discounted car rental rates with Avis and National have been established. Call Total Travel at (800) 245-8052 for more information or to make car rental reservations.
Excellent hotel rates have been secured for InfoComm 2006 visitors in Orlando over the Exhibition and Conference dates (Exhibition June 7-9, Conference June 3-9). To receive these rates, reservations must be made through Travel Planners, the official housing coordinator for EduComm 2006 @ InfoComm 2006.
Listed below are some of the available negotiated rates for InfoComm 2006. There are a total of 26 hotels from which to choose. Your rate will be dependent on your actual arrival and departure dates, room type selection and room amenities. Your rate may differ from those displayed below. Please call Travel Planners for additional information.
If you have any questions or need assistance with your hotel reservations, Travel Planners reservations specialists are available to assist you Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST.
They can also be reached online at http://www.EduCommConference.com. Click on "Staying in Orlando" and the click on "Hotels."
Or in any of the following ways:
By Phone: (800) 245-8092.
By fax: (212) 779-6128.
To download the Internet Reservation Request Form, visit http://www.EduCommConference.com. Scroll down and click on "I'd like to make a fax or mail reservation," then select Individual or Group reservations. Complete the form and fax or mail it.
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: EduComm @ InfoComm 2006 Travel Planners, Inc. 381 Park Avenue South New York, NY 10016 USA
If you do not receive a confirmation or communication from Travel Planners regarding your reservation within 5-10 business days, please call Travel Planners at 800-245-8092.
FUN IN THE SUN! PLAN YOUR VISIT TO ORLANDO TODAY!
Beyond many theme parks and attractions, Orlando offers superb dining, sophisticated shopping, exciting entertainment and world-class golf. Millions of people worldwide experience this unique city with its spectacular hotels, theater and shows. Combine business and pleasure by extending your stay after the EduComm Conference in this wonderfully entertaining American city.
Single/Double Prices Hotel Name As Low As: Courtyard by Marriott Convention Center $109/$129 Embassy Suites Convention Center $159/$189 Hilton Grand Vacations Club Sea World $99/$139 La Quinta Inn $85/$85 Peabody Orlando EduComm Headquarters $224/$227 Ritz-Carlton Grand Lakes $249/$289 Rosen Plaza $187/$227
JUNE 7-9, 2006 ORANGE COUNTY CONVENTION CENTER | ORLANDO, FLORIDA
Don't miss the premier education event of the year!
About Professional Media Group, LLC
The Annual EduComm Conference is produced by Professional Media Group, a magazine and online publisher and conference producer focused on the business side of the education market. The company's two primary publications are District Administration, the magazine for leaders in K-12 education, and University Business, the magazine for leaders in Higher Education. Both University Business and District Administration provide regular editorial coverage of presentation technology, IT and AV issues, including networking and facilities design. In addition, Professional Media Group electronically publishes two popular daily e-newsletters--"District Administration Daily" (www.DistrictAdministration.com) and "University Business Daily" (www.UniversityBusiness.com) with more than 120,000 total combined subscribers.
About InfoComm International
InfoComm International is the trade association of the professional audiovisual and information communications industries. Established in 1939, the association's 3,500 members include manufacturers, systems integrators, dealers and distributors, independent consultants, programmers, rental and staging companies, end-users and multimedia professionals from more than 70 countries. InfoComm International is the leading resource for AV market intelligence and news. Its training and education programs, along with its Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) and Certified Audiovisual Solutions Provider (CAVSP) credentials, set a standard of excellence for AV professionals. InfoComm International is the founder of InfoComm, the largest annual conference and exhibition for AV buyers and sellers worldwide, and also co-sponsors the Integrated Systems Asia, Integrated Systems China and Integrated Systems Europe industry expositions. Additional information is available at www.infocomm.org.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||LAST CHANCE FOR SAVINGS!|
|Date:||May 1, 2006|
|Previous Article:||Extreme makeover: Siena Heights edition: this school used pop culture to its advantage in teaching students how to dress for success.|
|Next Article:||IHEs get new warning on file piracy.|