3G Treo Pro Smartphone by Palm Now Available on Bell Mobility's High-speed Mobile Network.
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario For the First Nation, see .
Mississauga (pronounced: [ˌmɪsɪˈsɑgə] -- Palm, Inc. (Nasdaq:PALM) today announced that its Treo[TM] Pro smartphone is now available on Bell Mobility's high-speed mobile network (EV-DO (EVolution-Data Only) A 3G high-speed digital data service provided by cellular carriers worldwide that use the CDMA technology, including Verizon and Sprint in the U.S. EV-DO works on EV-DO cellphones as well as laptops and portable devices that have EV-DO modems. Rev. A), marking its debut in Canada. With its streamlined design and Palm([R]) innovations layered on Windows Mobile The Windows platform from Microsoft for handheld devices, including PDAs, cellphones and Portable Media Centers. See Pocket PC, Pocket PC Phone Edition, Smartphone and Portable Media Center. 6.1 Professional, Treo Pro allows businesses to simplify their IT infrastructures while lowering costs and keeping their users productive and happy. The 3G-capable Treo Pro smartphone is now available to Bell Mobility clients for a limited-time price of $99.95 on a three-year contract.
Treo Pro offers Bell Mobility clients simplicity and productivity - including email, Wi-Fi, GPS, web and CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access) A method for transmitting simultaneous signals over a shared portion of the spectrum. The foremost application of CDMA is the digital cellular phone technology from QUALCOMM that operates in the 800 MHz band and 1.9 GHz PCS band. EV-DO Rev. A network capabilities(1) - to meet the needs of businesses and end users alike. Treo Pro's thin design blends a flush, high-resolution colour touch screen, one-touch buttons and a full QWERTY keyboard The standard English language typewriter keyboard. Q, W, E, R, T and Y are the letters on the top left, alphabetic row. Designed by Christopher Sholes, who invented the typewriter, the keyboard layout was organized to prevent people from typing too fast and jamming the keys. . The removable battery packs up to four hours of talk time and enough strength for the business user's needs, offering a powerful yet effortless mobile experience.
"Treo Pro is a perfect fit for the busy business professional or casual user who needs on-the-go access to business tools or their personal email," said John Traynor, vice president, business products, Palm, Inc. "Treo Pro's capabilities, including Wi-Fi and GPS, ensure users can be highly responsive, available and productive with a powerful yet effortless mobile experience."
"By offering Treo Pro on the Bell Mobility network, we continue to provide Bell Mobility clients with a combination of the best smartphone technology and leading business and consumer data services," said Adel Bazerghi, Bell Mobility's senior vice president of Products. "Treo Pro meets and exceeds the needs of Bell Mobility clients who want access to their business tools."
With Treo Pro , users can open ZIP files, edit Microsoft Word A full-featured word processing program for Windows and the Macintosh from Microsoft. Included in the Microsoft application suite, it is a sophisticated program with rudimentary desktop publishing capabilities that has become the most widely used word processing application on the market. and Excel documents and view PowerPoint presentations and PDFs. It is compatible with System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008, which allows IT professionals to manage Windows phones the same way they manage PCs and laptops, adding value to mobile enterprise solutions.
"Being away from the office cannot be a liability for a business executive," said Alec Taylor, Windows Mobile Lead, Consumer & Online, Microsoft Canada. "Communication must be constant and seamless. With Windows Mobile 6.1, Treo Pro users can connect with their office, customers and partners to access and share documents and information just as they would sitting in front of their office PC."
The Palm Experience on Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
The 3G-capable Treo Pro smartphone from Bell Mobility helps optimize business processes by effortlessly mobilizing users with enhancements to the Windows platform, including:
* Full QWERTY keyboard
* High-resolution colour LCD touch screen
* Dedicated email and calendar buttons for fast one-button access
* Ringer switch, which silences the device immediately
* One-touch Wi-Fi button for an easy, fast Wi-Fi connection experience (802.11b/g)(1)
* Screen saver A utility that was originally created to prevent a CRT from being etched by an unchanging image. After a specified duration of time without keyboard or mouse input, it blanks the screen or displays moving objects. Pressing a key or moving the mouse restores the screen. , which lets users know at a glance - without turning on the device - what time it is and whether they have missed a call or have a new SMS message SMS message SMS n → (message m) SMS m
* New voicemail indicator, which flashes to let users know that a voicemail is waiting(2)
Lower Costs, Increased Productivity
With Treo Pro from Bell Mobility, businesses can take advantage of a tightly integrated Palm and Windows solution for their mobile workforces, including:
* Microsoft Direct Push Technology(3) - Connection to Microsoft Exchange Server Microsoft Exchange Server is a messaging and collaborative software product developed by Microsoft. It is part of the Microsoft Servers line of server products and is widely used by enterprises using Microsoft infrastructure solutions. 2003 SP2 or 2007 gives users up-to-date email, contacts and calendars.
* Microsoft System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008 - With the deployment of Mobile Device Manager, Treo Pro can deliver increased security, easier smartphone management and access to information on the corporate network. IT professionals can confidently manage large Treo Pro deployments.
* Applications for Windows phones - Businesses can extend mobility beyond email to optimize business processes.
* Integrated GPS - Users can access maps, turn-by-turn directions and point-of-interest (POI) searches.(1)
* Familiar Windows experience - Users can browse the web with built-in Internet Explorer Mobile Internet Explorer Mobile or IE Mobile (formerly named Pocket Internet Explorer or PIE before Windows Mobile 5.0) is an Internet browser developed by Microsoft for Pocket PC and Handheld PC that comes loaded by default with Windows Mobile and ; open, view, and edit Word and Excel compatible files; review PowerPoint presentations and PDF files; and open ZIP files remotely.
More information about Treo Pro is available at http://www.palm.com/TreoPro, www.palm.com/ca or www.bell.ca.
Bell is Canada's largest communications company Communications Company is a communications unit of the United States Marine Corps. They are part of Combat Logistics Regiment 37 , 3rd Marine Logistics Group (3MLG) and III Marine Expeditionary Force (III MEF). The unit is based out of the Marine Corps Base Camp Smedley D. , providing consumers with solutions to all their communications needs, including telephone services, wireless communications wireless communications
System using radio-frequency, infrared, microwave, or other types of electromagnetic or acoustic waves in place of wires, cables, or fibre optics to transmit signals or data. , high-speed Internet See broadband. , digital television and voice over IP. Bell also offers integrated information and communications technology Noun 1. communications technology - the activity of designing and constructing and maintaining communication systems
engineering, technology - the practical application of science to commerce or industry (ICT (1) (Information and Communications Technology) An umbrella term for the information technology field. See IT.
(2) (International Computers and Tabulators) See ICL.
1. (testing) ICT - In Circuit Test. ) services to businesses and governments, and is the Virtual Chief Information Officer (VCIO) to small and medium businesses (SMBs). Bell is proud to be a Premier National Partner and the exclusive Telecommunications Partner to the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games. Bell is wholly owned by BCE BCE
1. Bachelor of Chemical Engineering
2. Bachelor of Civil Engineering
Abbreviation for before the Common Era. Inc. For information on Bell's products and services, please visit www.bell.ca. For corporate information on BCE, please visit www.bce.ca.
About Palm, Inc.
Palm, Inc. is a leading mobile products company, creating instinctive yet powerful mobile products that enable people to better manage their lives on the go. The company's products for consumers, mobile professionals and businesses include Palm([R]) Treo[TM], Pre[TM] and Centro[TM] phones, as well as software, services and accessories.
Palm products are sold through select Internet, retail, reseller and wireless operator channels throughout the world, and at Palm online stores (http://www.palm.com/store).
More information about Palm, Inc. is available at http://www.palm.com.
(1) Within wireless coverage area only. Wi-Fi within range of 802.11b/g Wi-Fi network. Some Wi-Fi hotspots require fee for usage. Email, web, and GPS require an account and data services at additional cost. GPS application not available from all carriers. Third-party software may be required. GPS coverage not available in all areas at all times.
(2) Within wireless coverage area only.
(3) Microsoft Direct Push Technology requires Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 or Exchange Server 2007. Additional fees and software may be needed to comply with corporate IT policy. VPN (Virtual Private Network) A private network that is configured within a public network (a carrier's network or the Internet) in order to take advantage of the economies of scale and management facilities of large networks. may be required.
Palm, Treo, Pre and Centro are among the trademarks or registered trademarks owned by or licensed to Palm, Inc. All other brand and product names are or may be trademarks of, and are used to identify products or services of, their respective owners.