2007 ACTE Convention and Career Tech Expo: the premier career and technical education professional development and networking event.ACTE ACTE Association for Career and Technical Education (formerly American Vocational Association)
ACTE Association of Corporate Travel Executives
ACTE Approvals Committee for Terminal Equipment
ACTE Anodal Closure Tetanus knows that every educator needs something different from a professional development event. Some people focus on the networking, some on the exhibit hall, and some on the General Session speakers. ACTE, however, is dedicated to giving you all of this and more. As educators look to make their decision to attend, ACTE has pulled together a list of available sessions by a number of categories. If you are thinking about attending, please check out ACTE's list of sessions. You can see sessions divided in a number of ways:
* Division--lists accepted sessions by ACTE Division
* Grade Level--are you looking for Looking for
In the context of general equities, this describing a buy interest in which a dealer is asked to offer stock, often involving a capital commitment. Antithesis of in touch with. secondary or postsecondary? ACTE has both
* Priority Area--ACTE took data from state directors and aligned their priorities with ACTE sessions
* Content Provider--ACTE lists each provider and the sessions they are sponsoring.
With these resources, you should easily be able to find the professional development you need at ACTE's Annual Convention. To find these lists, go to www.acteonline.org/convention and look under "2007 Convention Schedule."
CAREER TECH EXPO
More than 200 companies will be in Las Vegas Las Vegas (läs vā`gəs), city (1990 pop. 258,295), seat of Clark co., S Nev.; inc. 1911. It is the largest city in Nevada and the center of one of the fastest-growing urban areas in the United States. showcasing the latest products and services specifically for the career and technical education market. This is the one time a year when you can talk directly with providers, get hands-on experience, and compare prices. For a complete list of exhibiting companies, go to www.acteonline.org/convention.
So much to see, so much to learn--See you in Las Vegas.
The 2007 ACTE Annual Convention and Career Tech Expo marks the first time ACTE has brought together such a wide raWnge of content partners. The result of these partnerships is that you, the attendee at·tend·ee
One who is present at or attends a function. See Usage Note at -ee1.
a person who is present at a specified event
Noun 1. , get all the benefit. ACTE's partners are experts in their respective fields and bring dedicated and high-quality content to the premiere professional development event for career and technical educators. This year's partners are:
* ACTER--The Association for Career and Technical Education Research will once again be holding its annual CTE (Coefficient of Thermal Expansion) The difference between the way two materials expand when heat is applied. This is very critical when chips are mounted to printed circuit boards, because the silicon chip expands at a different rate than the plastic board. Research and Professional Development Conference in conjunction with ACTE.
* High Schools That Work--Two days full of sessions from HSTW HSTW High Schools That Work will be available to all attendees.
* MarkED--This national organization has created the Marketing Education Division sessions and will be presenting a pre-Convention Workshop.
* National Academy Foundation--NAF is developing a dedicated strand on career academies that will ad dress the concept from many angles.
* National Association of Agricultural Educators--NAAE is managing a comprehensive program for ACTE's Agricultural Education Agricultural education is instruction about crop production, livestock management, soil and water conservation, and various other aspects of agriculture. Agricultural education includes instruction in food education, such as nutrition. Division.
* National Partnership for Careers in Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security--This pre-Convention conference will focus on the career cluster and offer as many as 30 sessions.
* NOCTI--Dedicated pre-Convention conference on assessment as well as some general programming for ACTE.
* Project Lead the Way--A half dozen sessions sponsored by PLTW PLTW Project Lead the Way will be offered in Las Vegas.
* National Association of State Directors of Career Technical Education Consortium--To help career and technical educators understand the career clusters Career Clusters provide students with a context for studying traditional academics and learning the skills specific to a career, and provide U.S. schools with a structure for organizing or restructuring curriculum offerings and focusing class make-up by a common theme such as initiative, this partner will be offering two pre-Convention Workshops that address this topic.
With these great partners, ACTE is bringing together CTE-related experts to give attendees the information, resources and contacts they need to build success in their schools and with their students. Agendas and schedules for these partners can be found at www. acteonline.org/convention.
OPENING GENERAL SESSION
Ruby ruby, precious stone, the transparent red variety of corundum, found chiefly in Myanmar, Thailand, and Sri Lanka and classified among the most valuable of gems. The Myanmarese stones are blood red, the most valued tint being the "pigeon's blood. Payne: Payne has been involved with education as a teacher, principal, consultant and administrator, and is working to spread the word throughout North America North America, third largest continent (1990 est. pop. 365,000,000), c.9,400,000 sq mi (24,346,000 sq km), the northern of the two continents of the Western Hemisphere. that children of poverty need not suffer through an educational system oblivious to their needs. Author of A Framework for Understanding Poverty, Payne will present her research and observations in such a way that many people will experience "eye-opening learning," enhancing their own abilities to help children of poverty succeed.
FRIDAY GENERAL SESSION
United States Deputy Secretary of Education The Deputy Secretary of Education oversees and manages the development of policies in the United States Department of Education. The Deputy Secretary focuses primarily on K-12 policy, such as No Child Left Behind, the High School Initiative, and the Individuals with Disabilities Raymond Simon Raymond Simon is an American educator and the current United States Deputy Secretary of Education. Simon leads the Office of the Deputy Secretary (ODS) which serves the administration of Secretary of Education Margaret Spellings. Simon was nominated by U.S. President George W. will share his thoughts on Friday's general session. He plays a pivotal role overseeing and managing the development of policies, recommendations and initiatives that help define a broad, coherent vision for achieving the President's education priorities. CEV CEV Crew Exploration Vehicle (NASA)
CEV Contemporary English Version (Bible)
CEV Confédération Européenne de Volleyball
CEV Confederation Européenne de Volleyball Multimedia has lent its support to the ACTE Awards Program that will also take place during this session. Come see who will receive the prestigious national awards for the best career and technical educators and programs.
CLOSING GENERAL SESSION
Erik Weihenmayer Erik Weihenmayer (born November 19, 1968) is the first blind person to reach the summit of Mount Everest, on May 25, 2001. He also completed the Seven Summits in September 2002. His story was covered in a Time article in June 2001 titled Blind Faith. is the only blind man in history to reach the summit of Mount Everest. A former middle school teacher and wrestling wrestling, sport in which two unarmed opponents grapple with one another. The object is to secure a fall, i.e., cause the opponent to lose balance and fall to the floor, and ultimately to pin the supine opponent's shoulders to the floor, through the use of body coach, he is one of the most exciting and well-known athletes in the world. Despite losing his vision at 13, he has become an accomplished mountain climber climb·er
1. One that climbs, especially a person who climbs mountains.
2. Sports A device, such as a crampon, used in mountain climbing.
3. A plant that climbs.
4. , paraglider paraglider: see glider. , and skier, who has never let his blindness interfere with his passion for an exhilarating ex·hil·a·rat·ing
Causing exhilaration; invigorating.
ex·hila·rat and fulfilling life. Weihenmayer will share his inspiration to inspire educators to keep encouraging and supporting their students to succeed.
ACTE has continued its expansion of Convention adding three pre-Convention Workshops to its 2007 Annual Convention schedule. All Workshops will take place on Wednesday, December 12, in the Las Vegas Convention Center The Las Vegas Convention Center is owned and operated by the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority and is located in Clark County, Nevada. It is one of the largest Convention centers in the world. At the end of 2004, the center had 3. . Registration is now open and space for each is limited. For more information, or to register go to www.acteonline.org/convention or call 800-826-9972.
CAREER CLUSTERS 101
This half-day Workshop will introduce participants to the concept of Career Clusters. Participants will leave this workshop with an understanding of the Career Clusters concept, be able to identify and use national Career Clusters resources, and understand the benefits of using the Career Clusters framework as a tool from the perspective of different stakeholders Stakeholders
All parties that have an interest, financial or otherwise, in a firm-stockholders, creditors, bondholders, employees, customers, management, the community, and the government. . You will receive a copy of the Career Clusters Tour Guide: Module 1 (a $45 value). Registration is limited to 100 participants and the registration fee is $100.
CAREER CLUSTERS 201
This half-day workshop is designed to introduce participants to the basic concepts of initial implementation of a Career Clusters framework, including the overarching o·ver·arch·ing
1. Forming an arch overhead or above: overarching branches.
2. Extending over or throughout: "I am not sure whether the missing ingredient . . . infrastructure of implementation, developing plans/programs of study and application of the 15 critical components of implementation. Each participant will receive a copy of the Career Clusters Tour Guide: Module 2 (a $65 value). Registration for this half-day Workshop is limited to 75 participants and the registration fee is $125.
REPOSITIONING repositioning Laparoscopic surgery The changing of a Pt's position during a procedure to improve access or visualization of the operative field, which may be linked to complications, as it changes anatomic planes of operation. Cf Laparoscopic surgery. BUSINESS AND MARKETING EDUCATION, 2008
This full-day Workshop is geared toward teachers of finance, management and administration, and marketing. Join Jim Gleason for a brief environmental scan, which will highlight the new Perkins legislation and its implications for business and marketing, the State Directors' Career Clusters initiative, relevant aspects of high school reform, various others' perspectives on business and marketing education and characteristics of growing programs. Each participant will receive collateral materials and coupons equal to the amount of the registration fee paid. Registration for this full-day Workshop is limited to 75 participants and the registration fee is $159. This fee includes coffee, breakfast pastries and a light lunch.
WELCOME TO THE 2007 CAREER TECH EXPO
Experience an event like no other! The Career Tech Expo is filled with exciting new products, tools and technology for today's career and technical education professionals, and that alone makes the trip to the Expo floor an event not to be missed. But there are also a lot of exciting activities going on at this year's Career Tech Expo. By visiting the Expo you will have the opportunity to try out new products and talk to industry leaders--all of which will enrich your Convention experience.
THE ACTE MARKETPLACE
Make sure you bring some money with you. Check out the MarketPlace and get some of that holiday shopping completed.
Want to win a prize? Make sure you pickup a passport on your way to the exhibit hall floor. Get a stamp at each passport station and drop your completed passport off at the end of the 1100 row. A winner will be drawn on both Thursday and Friday.
Special education-related sessions and student demos are going on here during show hours. Stop by and see for yourself.
ACTE would like to thank each company exhibiting at the 2007 Career Tech Expo. For the second straight year the Career Tech Expo has grown in total number of exhibiting companies and booths. This is very important. Why?
Companies that support ACTE help the Association address its mission and serve its members. With these partners ACTE is able to help enhance the job performance and satisfaction of its members, increase public awareness and appreciation for career and technical programs, and to assure growth in local, state and federal funding for CTE programs.
ACTE hopes that everyone at the Career Tech Expo shows their appreciation by placing orders and helping the exhibitors have a successful year too!
In addition to the many products and services displayed, the Career Tech Expo has three Exhibitor Workshop classrooms offering exciting educational opportunities. Exhibitor workshops will be offered on the hour during Expo hours, starting at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, December 13th. Attendees are invited to see firsthand first·hand
Received from the original source: firsthand information.
first what cutting-edge ideas and products are available and how they can be used in the classroom. This is the ideal opportunity for career and technical educators to learn new skills while having fun.
E-MAIL e-mail: see electronic mail.
in full electronic mail
Messages and other data exchanged between individuals using computers in a network. STATIONS
Stop by and check your Email on the way to the exhibit hall floor.
GENERAL: 800-826-9972; email@example.com