111th MI Brigade training notes: by the Office of the Dean of Training, 111th MI Brigade.The 111th Military Intelligence (MI) Brigade has actively engaged in the following training and developmental endeavors:
* Tactical human intelligence (HUMINT HUMINT Human Intelligence ) Training Teams from the 306th MI Battalion (augmented by instructors from other units within the 111th MI Brigade) are providing special training in G2X operations and Tactical Questioning. These Training Teams will complete this important mission in February 2004.
* The 306th MI Battalion will implement new training for the All-Source Analysis System (ASAS ASAS All Source Analysis System
ASAS Australian Special Air Service
ASAS American Society of Animal Science
ASAS Airborne Separation Assurance System
ASAS All Saints Anglican School (Gold Coast, Australia)
ASAS Advanced Solid Axial Stage ) Light, scheduled to replace Remote Workstation (RWS RWS Rijkswaterstaat
RWS Running with Scissors
RWS IEEE Radio and Wireless Symposium
RWS Romano-Ward Syndrome
RWS Remote Weapon Station (US Army)
RWS Remote Winsock
RWS Range While Search
RWS Radar Warning System ) training, in January 2004.
* A new HUMINT training facility has been constructed at Fort Huachuca, Arizona, as a result from a cooperative arrangement between the U.S. Army Intelligence Center and Fort Huachuca (USAIC&FH) and the Defense Intelligence Agency Noun 1. Defense Intelligence Agency - an intelligence agency of the United States in the Department of Defense; is responsible for providing intelligence in support of military planning and operations and weapons acquisition
* The Office of the Dean of Training implemented an 8-hour block of Contemporary Operating Environment (COE See common operating environment. ) training as a part of the basic instructor certification process. Units may also request a 4-hour COE overview course or an intensive 40-hour COE course depending on their needs.
* The Office of the Dean of Training, in coordination with the USAIC&FH Training Development and Support Directorate, developed a 40-hour block of instruction on the cultural, geopolitical ge·o·pol·i·tics
n. (used with a sing. verb)
1. The study of the relationship among politics and geography, demography, and economics, especially with respect to the foreign policy of a nation.
a. , and strategic nature of the Middle East.
* The 304th MI Battalion, in cooperation with the Digital Training Office and other units, is developing a new scenario that fully embraces the COE and reflects the realities of the Army's current wartime mission.
* The 304th has also led the way in the creation of a new Joint Intelligence Combat Training Center (JICTC) at Fort Huachuca that will soon provide realistic training for intelligence professionals from all branches of the military and the greater intelligence community. The JICTC will make it possible for people in all specialties, and at all levels, to take part simultaneously in realistic exercises designed to test their skills, enhance their abilities to work in a joint environment, and improve their abilities to deal with the realities of asymmetric warfare.
* The 305th MI Battalion is currently working to meet requests to train increasing numbers of soldiers to fly and maintain unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).
* The 305th also broke ground on 11 December 2003 for the construction of the 25,000-square foot U.S. Army UAV Systems Training Center (UAVSTC) Annex at Fort Huachuca. The UAVSTC will be the largest UAV training facility in the world at nearly 100,000 square feet of instructional area for UAV operators and maintainers.
Readers may contact the 111th MI Brigade Dean, George A. VanOtten, Ph.D., via E-mail at email@example.com. The Associate Deans are Richard B. Loomis (firstname.lastname@example.org), Francis W. Smith (email@example.com), and Ken L. Welsh (firstname.lastname@example.org).