* Croner's advice to employers.* under the Health and Safety at Work, etc Act 1974, employers have a duty to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all employees, which includes providing information, instruction, training and supervision to ensure safety while driving.
* Employers also have a duty to reduce the risk from fatigue fatigue, in engineering
fatigue, in engineering, microscopic cracking of materials, especially metals, after repeated applications of stress. Fissures may be formed within pieces of metal during their manufacture when, while cooling from the molten state, , lone Lone (Hindi: लोन, Urdu: لون) is a Kashmiri tribe in the Kashmir region of India and Pakistan. It is also used as family name. working and the use of mobile phones while driving. Employers seeking to implement an occupational road risk policy are advised to seek professional advice.
* Consult with staff and their safety representatives about the company's policy on mobile phones and driving and review the policy periodically.
* Raise awareness about the dangers of using mobile phones while driving, about the company's policy on mobile phones and about the benefits of switching the phone to voicemail See voice mail. - or completely off - during driving.
* Inform staff that you do not expect them to make or receive calls when driving.
* Advise employers about the legal, financial and negative image consequences that could result from using a mobile phone while driving.
* Ensure that journey plans include time and places to stop and rest for refreshment and to check messages and return calls.
* Review work practices to ensure they do not pressurise Verb 1. pressurise - increase the pressure on a gas or liquid
alter, change, modify - cause to change; make different; cause a transformation; "The advent of the automobile may have altered the growth pattern of the city"; "The staff into making or receiving calls when driving.
* Provide training to any staff that have been identified as using a mobile phone while driving, or been involved in a crash, to establish the details and to identify what lessons can be learned.