(GEN) SOLDIER DIES AND SEVEN OTHERS INJURED IN BLAST IN EASTERN TURKEY, GENERAL STAFF.ANKARA, Sep 10, 2009 (TUR tur: see ibex. ) -- The General Staff said that a soldier was killed and seven others were injured in·jure
tr.v. in·jured, in·jur·ing, in·jures
1. To cause physical harm to; hurt.
2. To cause damage to; impair.
3. when a land-mine went off in eastern Turkey.
Earlier, local authorities announced the number of injured soldiers as six.
The General Staff said in a statement posted in its web-site that a soldier was killed and seven others were injured after stepping on a land-mine planted by the separatist sep·a·ra·tist
1. One who secedes or advocates separation, especially from an established church; a sectarian or separationist.
2. terrorist organization in the town of Baskale in the eastern province of Van.
(THROUGH ASIA Asia (ā`zhə), the world's largest continent, 17,139,000 sq mi (44,390,000 sq km), with about 3.3 billion people, nearly three fifths of the world's total population. PULSE)