'Petrified' Palin bans phones, laptops, cameras from speech venue.
Washington, Nov. 7 (ANI): Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin Sarah Louise Heath Palin (born February 11 1964 in Sandpoint, Idaho) is the current Governor of Alaska. She is the youngest governor in Alaskan history (forty-two years old upon taking office), as well as the first woman to hold the office in Alaska. is so petrified pet·ri·fy
v. pet·ri·fied, pet·ri·fy·ing, pet·ri·fies
1. To convert (wood or other organic matter) into a stony replica by petrifaction.
2. of being misconstrued at an upcoming event that the organizers have banned phones, laptops and cameras at the venue.
Hosted by the group Wisconsin Right to Life, the event is going to be a closed event, which generally means no press.
However, amid apparent worries that the ex-governor's words will be aired publicly despite that restriction, organizers and Palin's aides have taken the notion of "closed" to a whole new level.
The restrictions are "bizarre," according to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. Democratic Party of Wisconsin The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is the affiliate of the Democratic Party in Wisconsin. As of 2006, it is headed by state party chairman Joe Wineke. The party holds a majority in the Wisconsin State Senate. Chair Mike Tate.
"You know, for someone who claims to be a rogue and isn't afraid of what other people think it really is sort of hypocritical to not let the media, the press cover your event," CBS News quoted him, as saying.
Palin's memoir "Going Rogue" is set to be released in less than two weeks, and she is planning a publicity tour. (ANI)
Copyright 2009 Asian News International The Asian News International (ANI) agency provides multimedia news to China and 50 bureaus in India. It covers virtually all of South Asia since its foundation and presently claims, on its official website, to be the leading South Asia-wide news agency. (ANI) - All Rights Reserved.
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Asian News International|
|Date:||Nov 7, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Payload for Hylas satellite shipped to India from England.|
|Next Article:||'Reputation of British Armed Forces at risk in Afghanistan'.|