"GameSpot After Hours" Brings Live Audience of Gamers to the Web.Leading Brands are Integrated with the Live, Interactive Program Including Stride[TM] gum, Scion sci·on
1. A descendant or heir.
2. also ci·on A detached shoot or twig containing buds from a woody plant, used in grafting. , Dell, Intel, EA, Sega, and 2K
SAN FRANCISCO San Francisco (săn frănsĭs`kō), city (1990 pop. 723,959), coextensive with San Francisco co., W Calif., on the tip of a peninsula between the Pacific Ocean and San Francisco Bay, which are connected by the strait known as the Golden -- GameSpot (www.gamespot.com), a leading source for gaming information, community, and entertainment, and a property of CNET (body) CNET - Centre national d'Etudes des Telecommunications. The French national telecommunications research centre at Lannion. Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq:CNET) (www.cnetnetworks.com), today announced "GameSpot After Hours Adv. 1. after hours - not during regular hours; "he often worked after hours" ," a dynamic online and offline program that leverages the excitement of a live event with an in-studio audience to provide a real-time, interactive experience to gamers at home via the Web.
On October 14, GameSpot's online community can actively engage with After Hours through state-of-the-art video and interactive tools. Six hours of non-stop action will be broadcasted on five different video channels, including the RoboCam[R] channel which allows at-home participants to take control of a camera viewing the event from whichever angle they choose. The online audience can also chat live with other participants, compete in online contests and tournaments against celebrity gamers, witness unreleased PS3 games, submit questions to stage show guests, and more.
"The goal of After Hours is to produce a live video game event for consumers, simultaneously experienced in person by a select group of influencers, along with an exponentially larger global online audience," said Pip Marquez de la Plata La Plata (lä plä`tä), city (1991 pop. 640,344), capital of Buenos Aires prov., E central Argentina, 5 mi (8.1 km) inland from Ensenada, its port on the Río de la Plata. , vice president of marketing, CNET Networks Entertainment. "This event will bring gamers together as they have never been before. And, it provides an unprecedented opportunity for marketers to impact gamers as they are captivated cap·ti·vate
tr.v. cap·ti·vat·ed, cap·ti·vat·ing, cap·ti·vates
1. To attract and hold by charm, beauty, or excellence. See Synonyms at charm.
2. Archaic To capture. by a best-of-GameSpot live experience."
After Hours' progressive, targeted premise has drawn support from big-time brands that are eager to connect with the site's young, influential audience of 18- to 34-year-old males. GameSpot has partnered with Stride[TM] gum, Scion, Dell, Intel, EA, Sega, and 2K to develop innovative, compelling programs that integrate each company's brand with engaging content guaranteed to resonate with the gamer market, including:
* Stride[TM]: Ridiculously Long-Lasting Tournament--Since July 2006, the makers of Stride, The Ridiculously Long Lasting Gum[TM] have sponsored the "ridiculously long lasting tournament" which, after three qualifying rounds on GameSpot, will conclude at After Hours with a live Counter-Strike battle between the three top teams.
* Dell: Battlefield II Tournament Winner Challenge--The winning team of Dell's Battlefield II tournament held on GameSpot will challenge both online and offline attendees.
* 2K: 2007 Sneak Peak--The developers of 2K's highly anticipated 2007 releases, BioShock, The Darkness, and Jade Empire
* EA: Battlefield 2142 Competition--In head-to-head competitions, fans of EA's extremely popular Battlefield franchise can test drive Battlefield 2142, the next installment scheduled for release on October 18.
* Sega: Full Auto Full Auto is a video game for the Xbox 360 console published by Sega. Developed by Pseudo Interactive, it is a vehicular combat racing game. It features destructible environments and (in certain races) a mode called "Unwreck" which rewinds time if the player makes a mistake 2 PS3 Hands-On--Sega will offer attendees a chance to play Full Auto 2 in a networked multiplayer configuration on the unreleased PS3 console system.
GameSpot After Hours will be held on Saturday, October 14 from 5:00-11:00PM PDT PDT
Pacific Daylight Time
PDT Pacific Daylight Time
PDT n abbr (US) (= Pacific Daylight Time) → hora de verano del Pacífico
PDT at www.gamespot.com/afterhours and at Pier 27 on the Embarcadero in San Francisco. For more information, please access: www.gamespot.com/afterhours.
Celebrating its 10-year anniversary in 2006, GameSpot's (www.gamespot.com) expert editorial team provides more than a million daily visitors with comprehensive, engaging, and unbiased game information for console, PC, and portable platforms. The site's award-winning coverage includes previews and reviews on the hottest titles, breaking news, live Web casts, online tournaments, game downloads, videos, guides, hints, and more. GameSpot also has one of the most active online gaming See gaming. communities fueled by a free, innovative social networking See social networking site.
social networking - social network service that makes it easy and fun for gamers to meet and interact with other like-minded enthusiasts. The GameSpot family includes GameFAQs, Game Rankings, and GameSpot Trax, the industry's premier real-time market intelligence tool. GameSpot is part of CNET Networks Entertainment division which includes MP3.com, TV.com, and Metacritic.com.
About CNET Networks
CNET Networks is a global media company with some of the most important and valuable brands on the Web targeting passionate audiences. The company's brands -- such as CNET, GameSpot, TV.com, MP3.com, Webshots, BNET BNET Battle.net (Blizzard Entertainment)
BNET Bentley Intranet
BNET Billy Noguera Entertainment Group Inc.
BNET Britain-Nigeria Educational Trust and ZDNet -- serve the technology, games and entertainment, business, and community categories. CNET Networks was founded in 1993 and has always been "a different kind of media company" creating engaging media experiences through a combination of world-class content and technology infrastructure.