"Fix it, clean it, and make it last: the ultimate guide to making your household items last forever".
* Your iron skillets and pots never seem to rust with wax paper.
* Use toothpaste to remove unsightly crayon marks from your walls.
* Grease clogging your drains? Take out your hair dryer.
* Fix your car for free. Secret warranties nobody's telling you about.
* Double the shelf life of milk with a pinch of this seasoning. Safe, too.
* Too much salt in the casserole? Save the day with apples.
* Family heirloom china that's stained will never look like new again, right? Wrong. Just get a little salt and white vinegar.
* Just-picked tomatoes stay fresher longer than nature intended if you store them stem-side down. Read our secret for keeping strawberries fresher, too.
* Who says lemons are only good for cooking? They're also great for ant-proofing your kitchen. No insecticides needed!
* Your plates and glasses never have residue ... if you give your dishwasher a regular bath. Use these two common kitchen items and follow these directions.
* Your refrigerator and stove last years longer than they should. Simple tip costs you nothing, yet saves you big bucks over the years.
* Red-wine remedy for dirty roaches. The cheaper the wine, the better.
* If you can't get rid of offensive odors in your microwave, mix 1 part lemon juice to 3 parts of water, then boil for 3 to 5 minutes in the microwave.
* Homemade, all-purpose kitchen cleaner outshines commercial brands. Take 1/4 cup baking soda. 1 cup ammonia and this recipe.
* Bacon won't curl when you fry it. Just dip it in ice-cold water for about five seconds, pat dry, then put it in the pan.
* Discover more than 160 other cooking, baking, cleaning and storing tricks!
* Unscrew a broken light bulb without cutting your fingers. Safe, simple trick using a potato.
* For most folks, dry flower leaves and petals fall on the floor and make a mess. But not for you. You sprayed the arrangement with hair spray.
* Professional house cleaner's secret keeps your bathroom mildew free.
* Vinegar cure for "cloudy"' chrome fixtures. Follow these simple instructions, come back in an hour, wipe, and your fixtures look like new.
* Tea-riffic idea. Keep containers you use to serve coffee or tea clean and stain-free with baking soda cleaner. Bonus: Beverages taste fresher.
* Don't let flies, gnats, or mosquitoes wreck your backyard barbecue. Drive them off, naturally, without smelly bug sprays.
* Your light bulbs give off as much as 50 percent more light, all because you simply do this.
* Your Christmas tree stays fresh and green weeks longer than most. Special corn syrup tonic works wonders.
* Kitchen scraps are good for nothing, right? No! A little bit of diced banana skin or ground-up eggshells will vitamin-power your plants.
* Dozens more shortcuts and secrets to make your home a showcase.
* Squelch squeaking hardwood floors like the pros. Do it yourself for about 1/10th the cost, or less. It's easy.
* Waxy buildup on a vinyl floor can look ugly. Wipe out the wax and restore the shine with club soda.
* Torn window shade? Fix the tear in a breeze with clear nail polish.
* Old wallpaper's a pain to remove, right? Wrong. It slides right off when you prep the walls with vinegar and hot water.
* Pet potty stains on your carpet? Liquid detergent tonic makes the mess vanish in 15 minutes or even faster.
* Painting the wood around windows usually means a lot of cleaning and scraping when you're done. But not with this petroleum jelly trick.
* Nicks in your favorite wood furniture are unsightly. Don't try to cover them up. Make them disappear with a paste made of instant coffee.
* Wooden patio furniture looks dull after years outside. But you can make it last longer, look better, and repel moisture with paste wax.
* Old chests and closets lose their fresh scents as wood ages and dries out. Restore that wonderful smell of cedar, easily, with a little sandpaper.
* Smoky solution for mealy bugs. Just find some old cigarette butts, then follow these simple directions.
* Banish garden slugs with beer. Yes, beer!
* Keep aphids off your roses by planting garlic nearby. Read the book to discover six more plants that repel bugs.
* Turn up the heat on garden varmints. Just mix up this cayenne pepper tonic, and they'll vamoose in no time.
* A rich source of nitrogen for your plants is human hair. Keeps deer from foraging in your garden, too.
* Baby your seedlings with a bubbly boost. Water seed trays regularly with a teaspoon of baby shampoo in a quart of water.
* Free fertilizers! Don't dump out that old box of unflavored gelatin or old tea bags. Use them to pump up your plants.
* Double duty dirt! If space is a problem, plant crocuses and tulips in the same space. Easy layering trick.
* Save your roses from Japanese beetles. Simple cutting trick works like magic.
* Many more lawn and garden secrets that'll green up your yard in a snap.
* Get a safer, more comfortable seat when you fly without paying first-class prices.
Learn all these amazing secrets and more. To order a copy, just return this notice with your name and address and a check for $9.99 plus $3.00 shipping and handling to: FC&A, Dept. KCJ-9, 103 Clover Green, Peachtree City, GA 30269. We will send you a copy of "Fix It, Clean It, and Make It Last: The Ultimate Guide to Making Your household Items Last Forever."
Sorry, only one copy per customer.
You get a no-time-limit-guarantee of satisfaction or your money back.
You must cut out and return this notice with your order. Copies will not be accepted!
IMPORTANT--FREE GIFT OFFER
EXPIRES OCTOBER 24, 2002
All orders mailed by October 24, 2002, will receive a free gift, "Discounts, Discounts, and More Discounts," guaranteed. Order right away!